Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Caymin,
    Welcome to the flying club
    do yourself a favor. If your LHS has a Simulator demo hooked up in their store, get on it for at least 30 min, try to pick a Cub plane and you can train your hand eye coordination. Believe it or not, it will help alot.
    Thanks for the tip, yea, they do have a sim setup, that's a great idea, I'm sure it will be worthwhile. Thanks again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

haha wow the champ is so fun and easy to fly i got to fly one today. I went up to the par to fly my lil banshe and there were a few guys up there flying them frist time ive seen any one at the park flying planes other than me and my dad. i walked up next to the said hi an pluged in my plane and flew it. when i landed one of the guys offerd to let me fly i took the offer and WOW i was surprised in how easy it was to fly it was responsive and i had fun.
    every plane has an experation date its just a mater of when some last for 1 flight others thousands

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm growing very fond of my little champ, it's such a fun and forgiving plane to learn to fly with. I replaced the stock wheels with a set of Du-Bro 1.23" sport wheels and moved the tail wheel a little forward, it does'nt steer anymore, but I can still turn the plane on the ground with a burst of throttle and some rudder input. Can't wait till the next flight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caymin last,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the Champ!
    If you don\'\'t like it, Don\'\'t Fly It

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FirebirdCdr2

Caymin last,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the Champ!
    Yes! Fun with a capital F. When I started to consider getting my first plane, I imagined a nice warbird, or one of the aerobatic models, so I could do all the amazing aerial maneuvers. I tried the flight sim that was setup in the LHS, and soon realized that it takes lots of skill and a steep learning curve to reach even a basic level of extreme flying.
    After reading as much as I could find on the 'best plane' for beginners, the champ came-up again and again, so it was a no brainer.
    I have zero regrets about getting this little gem, it's a perfect fit for my needs, and way more fun than I ever imagined.

Keep em' flying!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took the champ to the field for a little flying this afternoon and managed a few loops and some other maneuvers without crashing, also did some touch and go practice on the baseball pitch, spending time on the sim has helped more than I realized.
    Keep em' flying!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah sims help a lot.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any pictures of a camera mounted to their Cahmp? I have a small camera and am a bit stuck with how to mount it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    RS4 3 Evo-Elec., E-Sav, TT-01, DF-01, Slash, CC-01, M-05, M-04, TT-01Ra, HZ Champ, HZ Super Cub, Turnigy 118B, 2x Dark Impact

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AndyJk,

Is it one of those keychain cameras?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's a turnigy micro camera. I think I may have it mounted ok now. I tried a few things out and I think I've got it the best that I can.

Maybe I should just buy a Super Cub so I can have a plane that can handle extra weight haha.
    RS4 3 Evo-Elec., E-Sav, TT-01, DF-01, Slash, CC-01, M-05, M-04, TT-01Ra, HZ Champ, HZ Super Cub, Turnigy 118B, 2x Dark Impact

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy, that's kind of heavy isn't it? 19grams

I think the best way is to get one of the keychain cams and take it out of the housing, that's about as light as you will get.
    If it\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s not broke, fix it until it is

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah it's a little on the heavy side but do-able. I flew it today with it attached to the bottom. Didn't go too badly. Might try taking it out of it's case and see how it goes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Weather is going to be good enough for me to fly my Champ and SC tomorrow. Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Weather is changing, That sucks!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope Everyone is having a nice holiday. My sister sent me a New Mini Heli to tinker around with while the winter comes and goes.

Hi guys. just letting all know that I have just bought the champ today. WOW im excited to fly her. I found a hobby store that gets alot of returns and 75% of them there is nothing wrong with the stock and mine is a rtf and the only thing that was wrong is that who ever had it before must have put it in the box the wrong way and it put a few creases in tha tail so i need to buy a new tail assy. now the best part of the whole thing is I only paid 25.00 yes thats right 25.00 and as i said he has alot of planes from hz and also hellis from e-flight. i talked with him for a bit and he is going to give me prices for everything he has and he wants me to sell them for him!! so guys just after the new yr. i will have a price list of everything and will have these planes and hellis for sale now this is a confird deal and also his store is litterly 150yards away from my house whitch makes things really nice. also if there is any that are not flyable i will be selling all the good new parts and will also have a list of them. so guys if there is anyone intterresed please email me at reddog9985@yahoo andi can start to get the ball rolling thanks for that part but now back to the champ. i have seen this plane for awile and wanted one since and finally as i said cant wait to fly her.and when i brought it home my wife nearly killed me lol she thinks that i have enough planes.ya shur she just cant get the concept that you can never have enough planse or hellis. i have 3 450s and 6 micro and as far as planes go im somewere arround 16-18 so as you all can see still need more lol but i will let everone know how the maiden went and would also like to thank the thread starter for this thread god bless all Paul
    flying is A state of mind

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My tale of woe. I bought a Champ a couple of months? ago and as I was taking it out of the box my clamp-on work light with the long spring loaded arms which can be moved around took that exact second to pop loose and fall directly onto the tail assembly and fuse just in front of the rudder. I ordered a new tail set but with the crushed fuse where it is I haven't been able to get the rudder mount tab on the bottom to hold in place. I'm thinking about cutting the fuse off about 2+" from the rear and try something else for the foam. Hopefully I will be able to rig up something that will allow me to put things back together and actually have a chance to fly it. All these posts about how much fun the Champ is really hurts when I see mine sitting on the workbench in pieces.
    Point is, if you wind up with a portion of the back end (in one piece) I would be interested in buying one from you. I posted a notice on one of these forums last week and now I can't find it to see if anyone was able to help. So many forums, so little time.

Thanks...Bo Whalen
    If I build it, it will crash!

hey bo tree i am going to look in my inventory next week after xmass. and im pretty sure that i have a fuse that i will be able to sell you real cheap probly around 10.00 and it would not be that much over if it does go that way. but for now just enjoy the holiday season and soon you will be flying that great little plane ok god bless you and yours

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, found something a little strange today on my brand new Champ as of last night.

Notice anything wrong with that picture?

Yep, with the switch off on the tx there is an orange light glowing inside the tx.
    Would have never caught it, except for walking into a dark shop and seeing an orange glow.

Light stays on switch on or off, and here's the really weird part. With the switch off and one of the batteries pulled of course the light goes off, but as soon as I put the battery back in the orange light comes on and the tx emits 4 very soft beeps.

Well the batteries aren't going to last long like that, and I wonder if it's maybe part of the poor tx problems some folks are having?

I already emailed Horizon, but in the mean time I may pull the tx apart to see if I can figure out what is going on.

You may want to check yours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70129.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	1535806  
    Missing Man Formation, Looking heavenward you can't help but shed a tear, mournful, lonesome, a hole that screams out at you.
    P-38 Lightning Brotherhood #75

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply,,,hopefully you can help. If your pile is like mine I may not hear from you til' this time next year. My shop has gotten so full I'm also at the point where I don't have a clear flat spot to put anything. Even if I can lay something down I will not be able to find it five minutes later. I'm serious; it has gotten so bad I spend most of my time trying to find things. It's not that I'm messy, it's just that I have gathered so much over the years I don't have anywhere to put "stuff".
    By the way, if you have a fuse and a set of tail feathers go ahead and include the two items. All the hard fittings like the control horns and pieces to mount the rudder, etc. are useless.

Again, thanks for the reply and I hope to hear from you soon...Bo Whalen
    If I build it, it will crash!

hey bo i now exactly what you are saying my hanger is the same way i have stuff everywere and im stacking models all over the place my wife thinks that i have lost my mind maybe shes rite but hey im having fun lol but any way i found the tail complete set for 5.99 at hopme up hobbys and so for that i think would be your best deal for them and i will get back to you after xmass for real ok god bless and happy holidays Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glacier Girl,

I'm gonna have to check mine. Thanks for the heads up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Everyone,

Did everybody get what they wanted for Christmas?

Firebird

NO!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast