Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread

Chucksolo69,

Nice picture!, Yeah I like my little champ. I actually started on my Super Cub. I have a FlyZone Cessna 182 Select also. I have the first version, the 72 MHz version. I thinking about selling it though. The that Firebird Stratos looks really cool.
    If you don\'\'t like it, Don\'\'t Fly It

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wondered if there was a thread out here about this great little plane...

I have a half dozen other planes but nothing beats the quick and easy fun that this little guy offers. Since buying it in May from Advantage Hobbies (I found it at Joe Nall 2012 for $79 but talked myself out of it!) I think I've flown it just about every day. I wait for the pre-dusk calm, fire up the DX7s, grab four batteries and head to the front yard where I can buzz the house and overfly the neighbors for a good half hour. The only down side of flying this so often is having to remind myself to use the left stick for rudder when I switch over to my four and five channel planes!

This one will be in my hanger for a while...good fun for minimal money.

Quick video with a mini DV camera strapped to the bottom. I didn't expect the Champ to lift this combination but I was surprised.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/dVsbDZ1TeI8[/youtube]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db86562.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	1784354  
    Airfield 1400mm Corsair, FZ Switch, Dynaflite PieceOCake, GWS P51D & Formosa, H9 Saratoga, HZ Champ, PZ Pole Cat, EF Hurricane 25e, FMS 1400mm Stuka, RocHobby 1100mm Critical Mass, Eflite Piper L-4, Alien Aircraft Gadget, FZ micro Albatros, PZ Albatros, HK Ventus, Dynam Bf-109, HK Piaget 3D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm glad you like your Champ alot. I like the fact that I dont have to find a big park to fly at. Really alot of fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, I just had my longest flight tonight and I'm pumped, I fly from my cul-d sac in front of my house and then cruise around the nehborhood.
    It lasted fdor a good 6 min which is long for me.
    Do you guys recommend a replacement battery for a second one ?
    I am really enjoying flying this plane and need to graduate to the more sensitive settings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have about eight 1S  150 mAh batteries so I can keep the Champ busy for a while.  I have one 1S 165 mAh that really lites it up!  I set my Tx timer at six minutes and I've noticed
    minimal power loss during months of use. Enjoy!!

Airfield 1400mm Corsair, FZ Switch, Dynaflite PieceOCake, GWS P51D & Formosa, H9 Saratoga, HZ Champ, PZ Pole Cat, EF Hurricane 25e, FMS 1400mm Stuka, RocHobby 1100mm Critical Mass, Eflite Piper L-4, Alien Aircraft Gadget, FZ micro Albatros, PZ Albatros, HK Ventus, Dynam Bf-109, HK Piaget 3D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Been awhile to long and grabbed the champ. I always use a 500mah and my keycam. I also upgraded the prop to a 5043. Gives me plants of run time but I try not to do it in one shot. I know I can get three to four 10-15 relaxing flights. Without worrying about replacing a bat. Or if some wind comes along.

Even if the weather is cold. I find I I take off the cam. I get a much better flight in ways. I love to have footage. That is part of the enjoyment of the hobby for me as we'll

I have a champ all ready to be placed together. And cannot wait to fly her. I have this new mini pop wing am excited. But nothing beats a relaxing day out side. With a I'm champ floating the skies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just recently purchased  a Parkzone UM T-28 Trojan and a UM Spitfire AS3X. Boy, what a fun pair of micros. The Spitfire really does fly nicely in the wind and does indeed feel like a much larger plane. The UM Trojan is a joy to fly and landing her is such a breeze.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a UM T-28. I still have to practice some. It's a very cool micro though!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Champ, Albatros and Polecat...tons of fun with the same 1s batteries! Just ordered another handful from HK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt57489.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	1843302  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool, I need to order some more batteries myself. The more batteries, more flight time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, I see this thread has been quiet for some time. Just had a question, does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the low voltage cutoff in the esc? I don't normally fly to LVC, but I got carried away recently and it kicked in. When I charged my batteries after flying, the battery is still at 3.7 volts and its putting only about 75mah back into a 160mah battery.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TCipolla, I'm not sure how to do that myself. Sorry I couldnt be of any help. One of the other guys may know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    does anyone have a prob with brown outs with the included transmitter we have had it happen two times already great plane even with that prob we get an easy 15 min on each pack

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Weazel1, Since I've had this little guy, I have not had the brown out issue. I'm not sure what could be causing that. I've called Hobbyzone (horizon hobbby) about my super cub, and they help me trouble shoot my cub. They should be able to help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here is my most recent Champ video

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Cool Video!!

PKZ3352 esc servo

I need to repair one of the servos on the PKZ3352 inside the Champ. There is a retaining collar that holds the shaft and keeps the gears in line. It fell off and is lost. Any one know of a way to fix it or the servo that would replace it. I would like to repair the puck rather then buy a new PKZ3352 Reciever ESC servo. Thanks

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789