Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Tmore
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread

I'm just getting back into the hobby after having been out for several years. Went to my LHS today to buy some fuel and stuff to try running one of my old engines. Started looking at all the electrics and ended up getting aChamp and a couple of extra battery packs. Ihad a hoot flying this thing from my driveway all evening. Ilive in a new subdivision and have a lot of empty lots around me, so no problem with space at all. Ireally enjoyed practicing landings and getting the "feel" back in my thumbs. Nothing like landing at your feet, picking it up and going again. Icould get used to this electric bit.

On a side note...had a hard time getting my old .46 engine to run right today. Maybe I'll just switch to all electric now!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Tmore,

Good to hear you are getting back into the hobby. Yeah, Electrics will tug at the heart strings. LOL!! I love the fact that you can be in your front or backyard and fly the Champ. I really love it. Especially for the those times I can't get out and fly my Super Cub. I got so use to the electric bit. I ended up with three super cubs , a Champ and a Cessna 182 gotta get use to flying the Cessna. The Champ is my favorite Micro plane.

Firebird
Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 PM
chukkie

i have the champ upgraded with electronics from the park zone sukhoi, my plan is to make 4 channel,
but i cant figure out how to make arilon push rods, any ideas would be greatly appericated
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Hey Chukkie,

Sounds cool with what you're doing to your Champ. I'm not sure myself how to make push rods for ailerons. But there is a guy on youtube who actually put ailerons on his Champ. His youtube name is drarhiii. The title of his video is Hobbyzone Champ RTF AILERONS maiden flight. Maybe if you go on there send him a message asking how he did it. I'm sure he may tell you.

Firebird
Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Hey Chukkie,

Hope that helped in some way.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:48 AM
FirebirdCdr2

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY CHAMP FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:43 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Got another Micro for christmas. This is great!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Just setup my UM T-28 and everything seems to be in working order. Now to just get a maiden flight.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gang, FirebirdCDR2. I am back, and forgot all about Rcuni.... so just checking in. And give some insight.

Got a champ, flew, crash, rebuilt, repeat........

I added a trojan T28 to the fleet, and today a new one, I will no longer repair, or replace it is a super thin plane if you ask me, to delicate for the way I fly, period. SHeflys like adream, no rudder to turn but airlons, introduce rudder later on, to spice things up. Added a 808 keychain cam, and she still flys sweet. again not worth a purchase, the Champ is the one for me.

I added a Hobbyzone super-Cub to the fleet as well. I quickly picked up the skills that others goten jelous/envoy over, and hte way it was presented. Just enjoy the hobby , like i enjoyed it, andnot let others ruin your fun.

The Plane is sweet, to me a little to big for thearea I fly, but I was lucky enough to bring them along to fly in a wide open field.

I upgraded theTx to a DX5E, and DX6I, all by peir pressure of people, even the Super cub, and T28 was peir pressure, not a way to get into a hobby.

I lost the plane, and planes, had climbed a tree, or trees, crashed them a few times, and repaired many times.

I have memoriable video, and enjoyable video. on the floor cam, to onboardcam footage.

I will say this:

get a champ, get a DX5E, and get a 808#11 keychain cam. forget whatall others will say, good or bad. and enjoy the fun

thank you, will check back and if I am nothere I do say thank you I am having fun.

I can walk aqay from the hobby in a heart beat, and I can pick it up in a heartbeat, there areothers that are addicted, that need help, you know who you are. god luck
Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Saburo Sakai

Firebird Commander, I bet you will love your baby '28! Give us a full report and don't pull any punches, though!I have flown mine in calm and in wind, and try-try-to limit my UMT-28 flights to steady wind speeds of 5-8 or so mph. If the wind's steady andfrom the same direction it can be dealt with. It's variable gusts that'll gitcha'. Avoid those!
Gonna give us some videe, too? This is from RCfella from Down Under, on this "parkflyer" category, from P.9. He's got some awesome FPV of the Trojan taking it and dishing it out. I'll try and come back with a link to make it easy for the Commander and others.....tick, tock......<object height="360" width="640"><param name="movie" value="<a href=" v=" _fcksavedurl=" www.youtube.com="" />http://www.youtube.com/v/otDc7Nfuvlw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed v="" www.youtube.com="" src="<a href=">http://www.youtube.com/v/otDc7Nfuvlw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" _fcksavedurl=">http://www.youtube.com/v/otDc7Nfuvlw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
Gee, that's messy. I clicked the first LONGunderlined listing and it worked, though. He's got another one with birds attacking, and the T-2f8 kicks their feathers.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
fishycomics

I may remaidon mine, and make sure it is presting, and sell/swap for a mini super cub, modded to DSM2 both planes are close to the same price 10.00 difference?

a lot of fun the T28 it is, it is, why I thought I have a second stab at her
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Saburo Sakai

Allright, Fishycomics,
She's a great bird, but I do agree that she'd be more durable with, say, 1/2 mm. thicker wing and tail sections, and maybe more stiffening at the horiz. and vert. stabilator (old school for stabilizer) insertions in the fuselage. What I did to accomplish this stiffening is use.....TAPE...right at the insertions of the tail sections atthe fuse. A little stiffening in the nose, too,would cut down onthose noseflattening impacts that are pilot error. A little carbon rod insertion maybe.But for 100 bucks she's pretty solid and lots of fun, powerful enough to carry that camera every one seemsto have,which is pretty impressive.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
fishycomics

Thanks Saburo Sakai. Its a fully rebuilt T28. sitting on the table. and will decide its faith fate . and Yes it is a weak plane that needs stretghtning 1000% agree. Adding hte tape well not sure if I want to. I know i have what Parkzone given the strips but the foam is the issue too light.

Imagine if they make these better they be out of busienss due to demand
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Hey Guys, Just stopping by I have not had a chance as of yet to get my T-28 off the ground. This weather here can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. I will definitely give a full report once I can get a calm day. Until then I will be using my flight sim.

Firebird
Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Was too excited about my T-28. So I took her out for a flight and even the light wind was too much for it. I think I'm gonna wait till sometime in spring. Until then I will be flying my Old faithful SC.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 AM
fishycomics

T-28 is sold and no longer for me toooooo fragile everso slighttap Broken, never did I touch............ Champ a lot stronger. she is hangered to spring time......................

flying a funfly toooo much fun......................
Old 02-15-2012, 10:26 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Flying a Funfly huh, Sounds cool!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM
fishycomics

Yes its bigger than the champand ca ntake the punishment.thank you.. Here yousee me doing a outer look and inverted I am clearly high up so if I need to correct I got 30 seconds worth Lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwgIVbqhOUQ[/youtube]
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Nice flight!!! Who makes that plane. Gets up there pretty good!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:59 AM
fishycomics

title said all.

Techone Hobby Funfly trainer

It is a plane that can handel the wind way better than the champ. My champ is on the side I will fly her again when its dead clm.

delicate is the champ, endustructble in ways is this one.

not many talk about her, those who own complain about things. guess we are picky or go with what we read.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Oh ok, Cool
Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 AM
fishycomics

yep, champ is stuck to the box Lol, it's now a box flyer
Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Box Flyer LOL!!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 AM
FirebirdCdr2

BEAUTIFUL SUMMER DAYS ARE COMING!! I WILL BE GETTING MORE FLYING TIME THIS SUMMER THAN LAS!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Chucksolo69

I have been flying my Champ for a couple of months now. Thanks to the Champ and RealFlight 6 sim, I have moved up to a Hobbyzone Super Cub and have just purchased a Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane Select Scale. Here is a photo of my Champ with it's companion,my Hobbyzone Firebird Stratos.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72212.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1773463  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.