Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Lancair ES EP

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Leggtech69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lancair ES EP

I was making my maiden flight this weekend with this airplane and it, as I have heard from others, just doesnt have the power for take off!
I attempted a hand launch ans was shocked that it still didnt have the power to stay in flight! Has anyone changed to a bigger brushless motor perhaps and which one? originally this aircraft comes with a brushed 400 and esc, so how much bigger should i go and what is the weight differance? Any help please.. thank you.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Lucas45

Default RE: Lancair ES EP

Ha Ha I went the lipo route and recommended Prop. The first attempt I lost the front wheel and it came to a abrupt end. Busted the prop and luckily that was all. I then put a new one on an also added a Gyro to keep the thing straight. 2nd attempt had the thing zooming full speed down the runway and got it off the ground. Did a slow right turn and it flew like a pig. I had a bit of a side wind that did not help, but it flew and I nursed it around into the wind so that I could gain height and hopefully build up speed. Next thing I see the canopy blow off! now what! so I decided to bring her down in the field and did a semi cart wheel. Checked the plane looks ok but I do see some paint off the fuse so it could have warped but it look ok as I see no creases. So now I have ordered a new canopy as I cannot find the original. I think it fell into the dyke (my Luck) I also found that it is VERY sensitive to input so I have adjusted my rates which will make it more manageable.
So next week I will get my canopy and I will tape that sucker down (It does say so in the manual) and will try again.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Leggtech69

Default RE: Lancair ES EP

i am changing to larger brushless motor with lipo, good to know you did nt damage much, good luck with next flight. will keep posting as this pig gets airborn!!!