Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Master the Super Cub LP, whats Next?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Master the Super Cub LP, whats Next?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Juvat_av

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master the Super Cub LP, whats Next?

Howdy

Not too long ago I was reintroduced to the hobby.15 yearsago I had acouple of very discouraging crashes (40 size engine planes) and just stirred away from RC planes.I was introduced to Park Flyers by a fellow neighbor. What a blast, I am having the time of my life. I had put some time on Real Flight Basic and Flown 70+ sorties on my Super Cub LP. I have mastered the Super Cub LP. No ATC and High Rate setting on my DX5e. I am able to performmust if notall maneuvers possible on a 3 channel airplane. I had installed a video camera and got some amazing footage. Now I am considering a new airplane and found myself on a predicament. What would be the next step up from the Super cup LP? I have considered Parkzone's P-51, F4F and T28. Don't mind belly landings, but would like a Bind and Fly.

What you think?

Thanks all
Old 09-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: Master the Super Cub LP, whats Next?

I HIGHLY recommend the PZ Wildcat, excellent flyer and lots of fun.

Check out the many many happy customers here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1276064
Here is my vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa_KBtGqpv8
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Haven't flown the Wildcat yet, it looks like fun. But I think you would also do fine with the p-51 or t-28. My personal recommendation would be the t-28 because the trike landing gear is a little easier to land and the t-28 is a little tougher, more forgiving, and easier to see than the p-51.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 PM
nagata

I started with an original Super Cub, then moved up to a PZ Corsair, a self-built MS Composit Unique, and most recently picked up a PZ Trojan (original). From an ease of flying standpoint, the Trojan is my instant favorite; it has plenty of power, handles smoothly and predictably, is reasonably aerobatic, and lands beautifully. It has the best ground behavior of my planes, which is to be expected considering it's a tripod rather than a tail dragger. The Corsair is slightly more aerobatic, but is also more finicky, less stable in slow flight, and more difficult to land, ESPECIALLY with the gear (a lot of people, including myself, have ditched the gear in favor of skid plates and belly landing, because the gear breaks off the wing very easily if you bounce it on landing or have a rough landing area, such as unkept grass). The Unique is leaps and bounds above the Trojan or Corsair in terms of power/weight, aerobatics, flickability, and slow speed flying, but I'd say a build probably isn't what you're looking for.

In short, I highly recommend the T-28. If you can find an original (white/red/black) PNP, you'll have a more visible plane and can get it in the air with just a battery and a receiver. If you need BNF, your only option will be the T-28D, which will be basically the same plane, just the colors are grey/blue and it will be much harder to see it and determine its orientation while flying. Visibility is the reason I insisted on an original, as the Corsair is dark blue/light blue and can be VERY hard to maintain orientation when you really start whipping it around. Good luck with whatever you choose!