RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Rx Trouble can't find the cure any clues? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/10324024-rx-trouble-cant-find-cure-any-clues.html)

Johnnie Red 02-09-2011 02:02 PM

Rx Trouble can't find the cure any clues?

Dear All
I have a Spektrum Ar6110 Microlite Dsm2 Receiver 6-channel. I try to bind it and after the bind; which hapens when the orange light stops blinking and lights continiously; I fly all right. When i change the battery for the next flight I connect the new battery after I turn on my transmitter (JR 9303), I find that the orange light, starts blinking with intermediate red light blinking and eratic moovements on my parkzone F4F elevator and rudder servo's..... Do you have an idea of what is happening there? I have performed 3 binds already and the problem doesn't seem to go away... Does anybody experienced something similar or knows the cure?

Your prompt reply will be highly apreciated.

J.R.

Glacier Girl 02-12-2011 05:47 AM

RE: Rx Trouble can't find the cure any clues?

Did you read the manual?

"Red LED Hold Indicator
The AR6110/AR6110e features a red LED that indicates the number of holds that have occurred since the receiver was last powered on. The LED will flash the number of holds then pause (e.g., flash, flash, flash, pause, flash, flash, flash, pause indicates three holds occurred since the receiver was last turned on). Note that holds are reset to zero when the receiver is turned off. During the first flights of a new airplane, it’s recommended to check the red LED hold indicator. If it’s flashing, it’s important to optimize the installation (move or reposition antennas) until no hold occurs. On later flights, the LED Hold Indicator can be used to confirm RF link performance."

From the sounds of it you are getting multiple holds. You may need to look at how you have the antennas routed, as those signals are telling you you have a problem.

Johnnie Red 02-14-2011 02:50 AM

Hey Glacier Girl

Thanks a lot for your answer. It might be the solution. Altough what I faced lately is that while I have put the battery on, the light didn't lit at all and I had to re-bind to solve it. After the re-binding all seem to work ok. Only time will tell if everything is OK with that r/x.
Thanks a lot for your comments. Altough it is tough (due to lack of space in there..) I will try to have the antennas routed.
Thanks again
Fly safe
J.R.

Glacier Girl 02-22-2011 11:36 AM

Just thought of something else. Are you removing the binding plug after you bind the system?

If not, every time you power up the rx it's going to go into the bind set up and won't work until you bind it again.

Johnnie Red 02-27-2011 06:39 AM

Dear Glacier Girl

Oh yes I always removed the bind plug after each bind took place. Anyway it was a faulty Rx. It lost contact once again and this time I smashed it with a hammer to get rid of the problem once and for all!!:D

Cheers
J.R.