RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   What should I get for a second plane? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/10605507-what-should-i-get-second-plane.html)

pcnewman 07-04-2011 09:13 AM

What should I get for a second plane?

I've been into boats and cars for many years and just bought my first plane last week, a Hobbyzone Champ. What do you think would be the best second plane, P-51, Corsair or the Mosquito(all ultra micros)? Also the guys at my LHS tell me that the radio that came with my Champ will bind and work find with any BNF plane. Is this true? I went to bindandfly.com and on their compatibility list there are only a hand for of planes that will bind with my transmitter. I will get a better radio eventually but right now I had rather get a plane with ailerons then get a better radio later. Thanks for any advise.

at101 07-04-2011 10:51 AM

RE: What should I get for a second plane?

What tx do you have

pcnewman 07-04-2011 11:18 AM

It has Hobbyzone label on the front and Horizon Hobbies on the bottom.
I can't find a model number on the radio or their web site. This is the description they give on the Champ product page.
2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM® technology
4-channel 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum DSM 2

The HobbyZone® Champ is also equipped with the Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2™ advantage: The Champ’s radio system uses the same Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2 technology that is trusted by experienced RC pilots all around the world. With DSM2 technology you will enjoy complete freedom from signal interference whenever you fly. And after you teach yourself to fly, you can use the Champ’s transmitter to fly some of the Bind-N-Fly ultra micro aircraft from ParkZone and Blade. Visit bindnfly.com to see which ones.

at101 07-04-2011 12:45 PM

You can bind it but I would write the trims down otherwise when you re bind it to your champ you will have to reset the trims.

pcnewman 07-04-2011 02:01 PM

But will it bind with any 4 channel BNF plane as I was told?
And why would binnfly.com say that it only works with the few planes they list.
I would like to try a biplane but don't now if it willl work.

at101 07-04-2011 04:12 PM

If the plane does not need dual rates or expo it should work.</p>

cjg 09-10-2011 06:21 PM

of the Um micros by Parkzone, I would really recommend the UMT-28 over the UMP-51 for a second plane. I just flew both tonight, the P-51 might be a bit more of a handful. Either in the BNF version should work with your radio.