RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Flyzone FW-190 Lets see them !! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/11328035-flyzone-fw-190-lets-see-them.html)

phatbob02 12-11-2012 01:31 PM

Flyzone FW-190 Lets see them !!

I can't believe I don't see much on this forum for the Flyzone Focke Wulf.
Lets see some pictures and upgrades you've completed.

Thanks,
Bob

guver 12-11-2012 02:27 PM

RE: Flyzone FW-190 Lets see them !!

You don't want to see mine trust me. ;) Most of my planes need to be 50 ft away to look ok. My FW was used and damaged when I go it. Retracts were missing so I taped in what was left of them and belly landed it many flights. I never thought I'd like flying war-bird , but I love it. I scabbed up a battery with it being very nose heavy , ut it flew very well and got me used to flaps a little bit. I'm still not very good at dealing with the ballooning up , but my next version has no flaps.

I have since removed all the gear and flaps , lightened the wing and moved the servos back to the tail section. Hopefully this will make a better flyer out of it. I think that what I did to is rather unorthodox , but I'm not even into "modelling" or even into "aviation". I just plain enjoy flying the planes. I was afraid that the FW would be hard for me to see, but with the wing shape and dihedral it's just fine. For some reason it is one plane that I rarely fly level or in a straight line. I may also even use a 2 blade prop on it.

It's been fun and for m,e it's a keeper. ps I have another one that is complete with gear,retracts,flaps, ect.

phatbob02 12-11-2012 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guver,
I just bought two of them. One was from Towers scratch&dent. The other I bought used but in mint shape. I haven't flown either of them yet.
The Tower FW I've just remodeled this last weekend. I'm waiting for the pilot I ordered for it. Can't fly without someone driving.:D
Here a crap pic of my paint. I think I went a bit over board on the exhaust stain. I'll fix it by the end of the week. Pilot should be here thursday.

guver 12-11-2012 04:22 PM

I like it . You did well. I wish I had "modelling/painting" skills like many members here.

phatbob02 12-11-2012 04:38 PM

What skill? I bought $3 of paint at Lowes and had Callie Graphics make decals.:)

Gunnar15 12-21-2012 03:19 PM

I think the Weathering looks good!

Chucksolo69 12-24-2012 10:45 AM

I've had mine about 10 months now and she still flies like a dream. I had a problem with broken retracts on my second flight, but have since bought a new (used) wing with the retracts and they have held up well. I like the plane so much I bought a second one. Flying this plane is almost exactly like flying the Parkzone T-28 Trojan. She is pretty docile at 1/2 throttle and will absolutely scream at WOT. Landing her is easy too. I have my flaps set to 40% and she practically floats in.

guver 12-24-2012 01:23 PM

Mine worked out just fine with the new tiny servos in the tail section. The balance point moved back to the point recommended in the book. It turned out to be 960 grams AUW. Now it just needs a new battery , the nano is getting tired. ;) I'm still gonna use a 2 blade prop and belly land it in the snow.

phatbob02 12-24-2012 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my pilot and installed him. I also corrected the seat postion. We received 8" of snow so I'm going to do some retract upgrades. I may have to try the belly landing approach. Not flying it is killing me.
;)

phatbob02 01-14-2013 06:35 PM

I flew her this weekend and she flew great. I landed her fine but when I was bringing her back to me a retract collapsed. I read about the problems and fixes with the retracts, but I've decide to put in a pair of e-flight electrics that I have. I'll post pics of my progress.