RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Parkzone T-28 Trojan Appreciation Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/11573010-parkzone-t-28-trojan-appreciation-thread.html)

GBLynden 07-18-2013 01:47 AM

Parkzone T-28 Trojan Appreciation Thread

I noticed that there aren't any threads in here celebrating what many consider to be the greatest park flyer ever. I am taking the liberty of getting it started off by sharing a few videos. The reason I share videos is because for me, words in various fonts and even pictures do not do this hobby justice. Only video footage will do for this guy, though please feel share via any medium you are most comfortable.

This first video is an unboxing and maiden of my first park flyer sized T-28 Trojan. I have owned the ultra micro version for a while now, but this one was always on my radar. Also, feel free to skip to around the 6:00 mark to skip the unboxing stuff and watch the action packed (I say this loosely)maiden:http://youtu.be/2hiwMf66Uzk

This video shows several guys flying their T-28's along with a Spitfire. They race around and have a good old time. RC flying fun at its best in my opinion:http://youtu.be/KJI-KDrLhDQ

Enjoy and feel free to add your contributions to this thread to honor an amazing RC plane.

GB<br type="_moz" />

downunderdog 07-22-2013 04:35 AM

RE: Parkzone T-28 Trojan Appreciation Thread

This forum has gone pretty quiet the past year or two... it was really busy in here a few years ago, but I think people skipped off to other ones (some I think to wattflyer, which is a subforum from RCU, and I think some to RCG). I used to read and post in here somewhat frequently, but the last couple of years I've been busy with other stuff and haven't been in here much, and then when I came back in it seemed to have been mostly abandoned. There's other forums at rcuniverse that are still very active, so I think it's that the electric parkflyers who used to be in here have moved off to other options.

There is a really long trojan thread if you look on I think page 2 or 3 of this forum - some good tips and videos and pictures in it. I think it hasn't been posted in since about January so it dropped off of the front page.

Have fun with your Trojan. I still really like mine, but I haven't flown it in the past 3 or so years - after a big crash I never got around to fixing it since I have a couple of other planes (including a new Bixler that I bought recently... but also haven't flown - again busy with other stuff!) The T-28 is a great flying model, though!

Chucksolo69 07-25-2013 08:20 AM

RE: Parkzone T-28 Trojan Appreciation Thread

Yep, the PZ T-28 is indeed a great flying model; that's why I have 3!!!!!</p>

GBLynden 08-16-2013 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by downunderdog (Post 11576393)
This forum has gone pretty quiet the past year or two... it was really busy in here a few years ago, but I think people skipped off to other ones (some I think to wattflyer, which is a subforum from RCU, and I think some to RCG). I used to read and post in here somewhat frequently, but the last couple of years I've been busy with other stuff and haven't been in here much, and then when I came back in it seemed to have been mostly abandoned. There's other forums at rcuniverse that are still very active, so I think it's that the electric parkflyers who used to be in here have moved off to other options.

There is a really long trojan thread if you look on I think page 2 or 3 of this forum - some good tips and videos and pictures in it. I think it hasn't been posted in since about January so it dropped off of the front page.

Have fun with your Trojan. I still really like mine, but I haven't flown it in the past 3 or so years - after a big crash I never got around to fixing it since I have a couple of other planes (including a new Bixler that I bought recently... but also haven't flown - again busy with other stuff!) The T-28 is a great flying model, though!

Thanks for that information and I have to agree that this forum is pretty dead compared to what it could and should be.

Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 (Post 11579519)
Yep, the PZ T-28 is indeed a great flying model; that's why I have 3!!!!!</p>

You are a wildman Chuck! lol

GBLynden 09-02-2013 01:59 PM

Here is my newest video of this plane where I turn into a bit of a wildman myself. Hold onto your hats kids! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-_GyHJuHtw

GBLynden 10-24-2013 09:30 PM

Here is video of me flying my UM version of this great plane after nearly a year and a half and 100's of flights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djySdFHwFA4

Chucksolo69 10-29-2013 11:22 AM

I am now down to only 2 of these birds as I gave one away to a friend. I still love to fly them even though I now fly my more "spirited" warbirds more often.

GBLynden 11-03-2013 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 (Post 11649701)
I am now down to only 2 of these birds as I gave one away to a friend. I still love to fly them even though I now fly my more "spirited" warbirds more often.

Which ones are the more "spirited" warbirds?

GBLynden 11-14-2013 12:12 AM

So here is my latest T-28 parkflyer video. I am really liking this plane so far and as I get used to its "I don't want to land" nature, I am enjoying it more and more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuxO_NbjfB8

FlyBob4 12-07-2013 01:46 AM

Hi folks. I have been flying my Trojan for almost a year now. I got it at Christmas last year. It was suggested to me as a good first model to get me into RC planes from helicopters by Frank at the LHS. It was good advice and I am amazed how easy it fly's. I've crashed and repaired it many times always due to my own stupidity, chalk it up to learning the hard way. I tried to learn to fly it in much too small areas and now the I have found a better place to fly I am having more fun and haven't crashed or broken anything for a while. The last two major crashes I believe were due to a failing esc, which took me two flights too long to figure out. I am considering upgrading the power source or adding flaps or retracts but kind of reluctant as it seems to work quite well as is. Now that I am "over the hump" I hope, maybe its time to take some video and share it here. Is there any threads on upgrades for this model? Any comments about upgrades here might be off topic?

Chucksolo69 12-11-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by GBLynden (Post 11653258)
Which ones are the more "spirited" warbirds?

My PZ Spitfire for one and my PZ P47.

GBLynden 12-19-2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by FlyBob4 (Post 11679175)
Hi folks. I have been flying my Trojan for almost a year now. I got it at Christmas last year. It was suggested to me as a good first model to get me into RC planes from helicopters by Frank at the LHS. It was good advice and I am amazed how easy it fly's. I've crashed and repaired it many times always due to my own stupidity, chalk it up to learning the hard way. I tried to learn to fly it in much too small areas and now the I have found a better place to fly I am having more fun and haven't crashed or broken anything for a while. The last two major crashes I believe were due to a failing esc, which took me two flights too long to figure out. I am considering upgrading the power source or adding flaps or retracts but kind of reluctant as it seems to work quite well as is. Now that I am "over the hump" I hope, maybe its time to take some video and share it here. Is there any threads on upgrades for this model? Any comments about upgrades here might be off topic?

Hey Bob! Please due share your videos and I welcome the discussion of mods and anything related to the PZ T-28 or any other related birds. They all kind of overlap, so I am good with that. I haven't done anything like that yet to any of my planes, but they have been done by others, that is for sure.

Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 (Post 11683068)
My PZ Spitfire for one and my PZ P47.

That makes sense! Both of those are on my radar and I nearly bought the PZ Spit due to liking the PNP price point on that. I love the looks of the looks of the FW-190 and the P-47. My understanding is both fly great, so I may need to get a bigger place to create enough room for both :D

FlyBob4 12-21-2013 02:53 AM

Hey, thanks for opening up to that. So far I have done no upgrades except a cnc aluminium motor mount which was cheap and looks good, I think it helps reduce vibrations. I have bought a Turnigy 3536/8 1000 kv motor and 40 A Esc also with a cnc aluminum motor mount made to fit the plane for that motor, but have not installed them yet. Supposed to give unlimited vertical. I use 2200 mah 35C batteries and with the stock motor set-up it wakes it up A LOT! I cant see myself doing a lot of work on the wings like retracts and flaps, because I will probably rip the wings off in a wild crash and all that work will be for nothing if I need to replace the wing, which I have done already once.

GBLynden 02-12-2014 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by FlyBob4 (Post 11689935)
Hey, thanks for opening up to that. So far I have done no upgrades except a cnc aluminium motor mount which was cheap and looks good, I think it helps reduce vibrations. I have bought a Turnigy 3536/8 1000 kv motor and 40 A Esc also with a cnc aluminum motor mount made to fit the plane for that motor, but have not installed them yet. Supposed to give unlimited vertical. I use 2200 mah 35C batteries and with the stock motor set-up it wakes it up A LOT! I cant see myself doing a lot of work on the wings like retracts and flaps, because I will probably rip the wings off in a wild crash and all that work will be for nothing if I need to replace the wing, which I have done already once.

Nice work and repairs are just a part of this hobby ;)

GBLynden 05-26-2014 12:51 PM

Sorry this thread took a while to find. All of the others were older but higher on the search for some reason (odd).

This shows me enjoying the heck out of my Parkzone T-28 Trojan taking off and landing on a dirt road in berry fields. I tried to do a lot of scale flight as well since this thing is so pretty in the air along with some basic stunts and tricks.

This was all captured with my new Sony Handycam, so there are some nice up-close shots of this plane in the air too :D

http://youtu.be/Yg_spyI39Cs

GBLynden 03-17-2015 06:15 PM

Here is my latest T-28 video with my friends :)

https://youtu.be/fhXCFCIkspg