RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Badius Owners Club III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/6371525-badius-owners-club-iii.html)

Wheelnut 12-23-2008 11:27 PM

RE: Badius Owners Club III

Tim,
Thanks again for your help. I hate to be picky, but I just don't like the style of that plane. I am really looking more for something like the Mustang or similiar.

Hugger, thanks, that is exactly the info I was looking for. I will probably go for the planes that don't land that hot.

Loubud 12-24-2008 03:56 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah everyone.

da Rock 12-28-2008 07:15 AM

And Happy New Year :D

djnsayne 01-03-2009 12:37 AM

Looking for a mustang.... here u go

http://www.glidescoperc.com/p51d-mus...ctric5124.html

Wheelnut 01-03-2009 10:38 AM

Thanks, but for a little more you can get the FW-190 brushless RTF
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ss_motor_&_ESC
or a Jap Zero RTF with brushless motor.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ss_motor_&_ESC
they also have a few ARF's with brushless motor and esc
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6561&Product_Name=P-51D_Mustang_"Marie"_ARF

Teenage Pilot 14 01-04-2009 02:17 AM

200th post as TP13/14!!!! (actually 201 but I didn't notice until I'd already posted a reply in another thread)

Also, this is my 399th (or 400th if you want to be picky) post on RCU total, the other 199 being under the name Rdy12. That account went away when an evil family member decided to have fun with my account (the ONE time I forgot to log out) and change my password to random nonsense in the process. My Email changed during that time so the password was totally inaccessible. That account is just sitting there unused and useless[:'(][:@]

Ok, got that out of my system. Now I can explain that the reason I never got around to the much-esteemed and highly anticipated MS Paint illustrations of my plane's nose and fuse. See, drawing in 3D is much harder than I expected and worse, I just couldn't match the color of balsa accurately! I'll try to get some pics of the still-unfinished plane but there are no gurantees.

Hey, anyone know why my AH Havoc won't charge? It flies fine but none of my 3 different 1-cell lipo chargers can charge it. I know the chargers all work perfectly so it's heli-related.

Brewerpaul 01-07-2009 09:36 PM

Hey Guys just a quick fly-by to say Hi.
I haven't had time to build or fly anything in ages: we moved back in Aug, trip to China in Nov, then the holidays, etc.
Only thing I've been flying is this:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/09/15/fl...inar-research/

It's a flight sim for the iPhone or iPod Touch! It's amazingly good for a sim that runs in such a small device. If you have either device, it's ten bucks WELL spent.

Hopefully in the spring, I'll get back a bit into RC.

Teenage Pilot 14 01-11-2009 01:32 AM

Well, I just discovered the joys of winter flight in MN. I finally collected all my Slow Stick bits and pieces from around my room and put them togther into a working design. I got up this morning and prepared to go fly, for some reason forgetting that the daily high was only supposed to be like 10*F. I put on some nice, thick boots, a warm leather coat, and some useless gloves that served only to keep my fingers out of the cold. Then, upon getting my bike out of the garage, I found that my rear brake cable was frozen to the frame, rendering it useless. That's bad because it's downhill all the way to my park field and it's real icy out.

I survived the ride and got off the bike, walked down the big concrete steps, and placed the Stick on the snowy path/runway. After a quick range check and such I floored it and took off.

Well, the wind was a lot worse than I thought, especially at 300' up. I got 7:21 of flying done; about 1 minute of that was spent flying hold circles until the cars got off my landing strip (the street). That's unhelpful because they always stop for a minute to watch the airplane and wonder why it's going in circles[&:]. I finally got the thing down and greased the landing like I do EVERY TIME, then decided my fingers were too close to permanent damage to continue flying so I packed up and hopped back on my bike.

I rode out into the street because the sidewalks were too icy to ride on. Well, I ride several miles every day in the summer and I know very well my limitations as well as the limitations and customs of drivers sharing the road with bikers. There was a car pulling up to a stop sign about 300' away. I was already moving along good so I just eased off to the side a little more to let the guy pass when he got closer. Well, what's he do? Now, remember: This guy is going MAYBE 15mph because of the snow and ice on the road. There's no reason for him to honk at me, so I'm not expecting it. I'm carrying a plane in one hand, my fingers are freezing on both hands, it would take only a lttle push to knock me off the bike in that state. I very nearly fell off because I got startled by the horn. If anyone is going to be foolish enough to add an unnecessary negative influence to somone who is already in a difficult position, they should some help or have someone else drive.

All in all a trip that was more trouble than it was worth for the amount of flight time I got. Of course, it's still fun to watch the looks on neighbors' faces when I go riding by in the dead of winter carrying an airplane;)

Wheelnut 01-11-2009 10:33 AM

I'm still waiting on my Skyartec that arrived in a crushed box the day after Christmas to make it's way back to Hobbycity so I can then wait for them to send me another one[:@].

Teenage Pilot 14 01-13-2009 08:05 PM

Well, I'm almost finished building my Pizza Box Flyer. I saw one of Microbuilder's pics and I just had to give it a shot. Does anyone know where I put my 1.5mm hex wrench? I can't find it anywhere....

fossoman 01-15-2009 09:30 PM

Yeah I flew one of those pizza box planes its ok but they are hard to keep under control they roll too easy when you dont want them too. and the crashes are ugly usually trash the engine when they go down hard.

Teenage Pilot 14 01-16-2009 11:53 PM

Well, I keep crashing straight down going real fast and no damage has yet befallen on my motor or prop. I like this little thing. I was flying in the street in front of my house and I was able to keep the thing in the intersection with little difficulty. I agree with you o the rolling thing but I've increased the size of my rudder and added two more vertical stabs on the sides of the fuse to help this. I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I'm having no difficulty controlling mine, even though my radio only has v-tail mixing. This means my ailerons and rudder are switched around. Tricky but manageable.

Temps here are supposedly warming up, but until we hit 0 degrees F or so it's all relative... It's been in the -20's for about a week so flying has been limited. Oh well.... I got gloves, a nice coat, and 14 years of dealing with this cold. I'm only concerned about my lipo and the foam airframe freezing up and getting wrecked, and the fact thatit's just windy enough to make flying difficult. I WAS, however, treated to a nice surprise earlier: The PBF was dialed in and flying perfectly straight on takeoff, with no adjustments needed. This was good because gloved fingers and trims don't mix well[X(]

I'm shocked to have found a plane more snappy than my Yak, and I'm going to do something great for my next flat foamie: I'm gonna take the Yak's exact measurements and build them in flat foam so the resulting plane has the same WS, length, chord, control surface area, etc. but it'll be made of blank, flat sheets of foam. maybe it'll work, maybe not. If I've learned anything from flat foamies, it's that as long as you have a good CoG and light enough wing loading, they fly[X(] 34"x10" foam board in 3mm and 5mm thicknesses is available at my hobby shop for $3 a sheet, so I'm going to bum some money off my parents and stock up next time I'm there;)

Teenage Pilot 14 01-17-2009 12:36 AM

Hey, if anyone sees this before it gets removed, PM me. I'm serious.

So I was just wondering.... Where are Lightfoot's POSTS on this thread? I looked pretty far and didn't find any. I did find two of my posts edited by him, though. What's he do, just coast around the site and erase large chunks of peoples' posts without even bothering to to say why? I mean, a simple "Preceived as possibly disrespectful to disrespectful and potentially dangerous people" would work fine. It bothers me that I can post something that say nothing unfair, slanderous, libelous, hateful, dangerous, confidential, or unfit for other people to read and have it wiped away instantly.

If someone is not going to consider my intent in the paragraph I wrote about nearly getting run over by a car due to a particularly crabby person who did something they had no business doing they should consider reforming their level of sensitivity to such things. If I have to worry about everything I say having the possibility of being deleted from the site I may not enjoy the site much anymore and if I have to deal with my posts being misinterperted and removed by someone other than me I won't like it at all.

I have never, and will never, say anything on these forums that is openly and meaningfully disrespectful towards anyone. If somone happens to misinterpert something I say, they should PM me or even post their concerns openly and I will fix the post myself. I don't need to have someone do it for me.

Teenage Pilot 13/Rudy Osterbauer

nyflyer56 01-17-2009 02:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Teenage Pilot 13

Hey, if anyone sees this before it gets removed, PM me. I'm serious.

So I was just wondering.... Where are Lightfoot's POSTS on this thread? I looked pretty far and didn't find any. I did find two of my posts edited by him, though. What's he do, just coast around the site and erase large chunks of peoples' posts without even bothering to to say why? I mean, a simple "Preceived as possibly disrespectful to disrespectful and potentially dangerous people" would work fine. It bothers me that I can post something that say nothing unfair, slanderous, libelous, hateful, dangerous, confidential, or unfit for other people to read and have it wiped away instantly.

If someone is not going to consider my intent in the paragraph I wrote about nearly getting run over by a car due to a particularly crabby person who did something they had no business doing they should consider reforming their level of sensitivity to such things. If I have to worry about everything I say having the possibility of being deleted from the site I may not enjoy the site much anymore and if I have to deal with my posts being misinterperted and removed by someone other than me I won't like it at all.

I have never, and will never, say anything on these forums that is openly and meaningfully disrespectful towards anyone. If somone happens to misinterpert something I say, they should PM me or even post their concerns openly and I will fix the post myself. I don't need to have someone do it for me.

Teenage Pilot 13/Rudy Osterbauer

This is why this thread is now a shadow of it's former self. For years we operated successfully, helped people and had a great time. For no apparent reason the Mods decided to play fast and loose with their powers deleting posts, or editing at will. This was unacceptable to those that worked so hard to build this up, so we bailed to our own privately owned website, where we have resumed business as usual.

It was talked about, and we have kept this thread alive so we can continue to help other guys in this great hobby, and all are welcome at our new home as well.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 01-17-2009 10:53 PM

TP14, if Phil didn't send you the link, I will.

Foss, the best way to ensure your motor doesn't get killed is a bow of CF. You said your engine got killed, you attached a gasoline/glow motor to a pbf???????? This is an electric model. Electrics have motors. As to the flipping problems, never mind, If you have questions, ask them.

Tim