RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/9018771-parkzone-new-messerschmitt-bf-109g-pnp-bnf.html)

Dr_Bojangles 08-15-2009 04:43 PM

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Parkzone Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Click on Link:

Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP (Part # PKZ4975)

Messerschmitt Bf-109G BNF (Part # PKZ4980)

<a href="http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=2005" target="_blank">Horizon Hobby Preview with Video
</a><a target="_blank" href="http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Files/PKZ4980-Hi.wmv">
ParkZone Video</a>Manual

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Gal...Z4980-ACT8.jpg

Sinai 08-15-2009 05:14 PM

RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

How do we order one? Will the landing gears tend to break on this one?

geekmedic 08-17-2009 04:54 PM

On the fence now! T-28D, or BF-109. OMG, I love tail draggers, I like the looks of this, plus already cut out for flap with servo pockets. I agree and retracts and it is a no brainer. Still I would prefer USA over the Germans though.

Dr_Bojangles 08-17-2009 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Sinai

Gawd &ndash; if it&rsquo;s going to keep you up at night, just leave the mains off.
www.youtube.com/watch

Sinai 08-17-2009 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr_Bojangles

Gawd – if it’s going to keep you up at night, just leave the mains off.
www.youtube.com/watch

lol it's a gift for my dad , and i'll hate it if he does a hard grass landing and rips 'em off. But it's going to be out of my control. I've seen it happen with the Corsair. and it's the only thing holding me back from buying it. I want to know more about how sturdy that main gear is, and if you can bend it back into place like the Cub or run the risk of tearing it out of it's mount like the corsair.

Dr_Bojangles 08-17-2009 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr_Bojangles

Gawd &ndash; if it&rsquo;s going to keep you up at night, just leave the mains off.
www.youtube.com/watch

lol it's a gift for my dad , and i'll hate it if he does a hard grass landing and rips 'em off. But it's going to be out of my control. I've seen it happen with the Corsair. and it's the only thing holding me back from buying it. I want to know more about how sturdy that main gear is, and if you can bend it back into place like the Cub or run the risk of tearing it out of it's mount like the corsair.
Read the Destructions - Manual

Oregon Craig 08-19-2009 09:38 AM

HA! Yes, the destructions. I thought I was the only one who ever said that! :D

Oregon Craig 08-23-2009 10:34 PM

The more accurate swastika insignia for the tail IS AVAILABLE! seperately. As it should be. I was going to paint it on there anyway. Wife seems relieved that once again Horizon took care of my Christmas gift needs this year. This promises to be the best PZ model yet. [X(][X(]

canadianmaple09 08-24-2009 09:18 AM

Ooooooh I think I just drooled on myself a bit. Too bad the Parkzone website seems to be down? I tried to look at the Messerschmitt page but it gave me an error message, so I tried the ultra-micro Mustang and T-28 pages as well... same deal. Anyone else experience that? I was able to watch the preview video though... it looks amazing in the air!

mad web tv scientist 08-24-2009 04:28 PM

:) Canadian, yes, I had the same experience as you earlier in the day. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that PZ has come up with yet another milestone in modeling. I can't imagine anything greater for modeling progress than this fabulous 109! I can hardly wait to get my hands on one! I strongly suspect that every fighter pilot enthusiast on the planet feels the same way and crashed the website. Unlike glorious government behavior, reality actually takes some time to get things more or less right.

Okay, enough of this - today I plan to maiden my newest SPAD and intend to fly all demonstration fighter maneuvers on the first flight. My GUNFIGHTER will be in the trunk of my "aircraft carrier" just in case.

Please wish me luck!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.

Sinai 08-24-2009 05:51 PM

have you heard this 109 whir past the camera in the video on it's landing ? It sounds killer !!!

mad web tv scientist 08-24-2009 09:47 PM

[X(] Sinai, I wish I could say "roger that" like you so kindly did on the Spit thread. I haven't yet been able to get my msntv 2 system to play that video. Can you believe all the the excitement this 109 is causing? We are getting quite a thread going here about a plane nobody is flying yet. Imagine how much fun we are going to be able to have when everybody who needs a Messerschmitt is actually flying one!

I enjoyed a partially successful day today flying the new SPAD and the GUNFIGHTER. The original plan was to fly only the SPAD using various batteries. After finding a weak spot after a few hard landings the decision was made to finish out the day practicing with the P-51.

The new 3 cell 1250mAh 25c battery's unexpected performance and possibly the sun conspired to cause enough disorientation that I ended up damaging the P-51. I need a lot of practice and will not be putting on any demonstrations in small spaces any time soon with any of my fighters.

See you on the Spit thread.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.

Oregon Craig 09-29-2009 02:24 PM

Mid-October now. That will be pushed back again as usual. :eek:

flhtc3 09-29-2009 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: N7OR

Mid-October now. That will be pushed back again as usual. :eek:
I received an email from RedRocket today that this baby has been shipped... now if the micro P-51 would just hurry up and ship.

WJCJR1 09-29-2009 06:58 PM

The long awaited Parkzone Messerschmitt Bf-109G has landed. A beautiful plane she is!

Come see the build and first maiden flight review!

“She looks great in the air and she flies just like a war bird. I own all the new PZ warbirds from the T-28 forward and this is hardest to fly and definitely the most difficult to land”

http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forum...read.php?t=801

Wayne
www.HorizonRcFlyers.com

check6ii 09-30-2009 10:54 PM

I just picked mine up:D Spent about 45 min. to assemble and bind-and VOILA! Ready for the maiden. Hopefully tomorrow

Dai Phan 10-01-2009 08:47 AM

Hello all,

It looks like a tough bird to fly on. I am concerned about this thing doing nasty tip stall or snap roll at low speed. DP

glazier808 10-01-2009 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
picked mine up yesterday, 30 min and I was ready to go. I could'nt wait for my wife to get home to shoot some shots while I flew so all I have are the pre flight shots, but wow, flys nice! Powerful enough, and flys rather scale like, especially the ground handling. Give your self a good run up and come in rather steep and hot to flair out but keep up speed...the narrow gear is in a rather scale like placement and does not like you mashing the rudder while on the ground. Keep the plane on the ground and get your speed up slowly and you'll be fine. Just DONT jam the throttle and yank the rudder lol

Other than that, I love the kit!

check6ii 10-01-2009 09:02 PM

Went and flew mine this am........flew well, tracked nicely on the ground. Very scale like take off. I noticed my ail. throws were a little too much, and was pretty twitchy. Forgot to put in some expo. I found that while in a bank and pulling alot of elev. and it will def. snap! I chopped the throttle and easily recovered. Setting up for landing was easy, but it does land a bit hot. I ordered flap servos and the swastikas this evening. All in all this is a fun airplane. Good scale looks too. Been awhile since Ive had this much fun. Makes me want to get into elec. jets! Parkzone has a winner here.........

Dai Phan 10-02-2009 07:34 AM

Hi

So if I can handle the T-28, can I handle this one? DP

check6ii 10-02-2009 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan

Hi

So if I can handle the T-28, can I handle this one? DP
LOL! Not so fast turbo.........t-28 has tricycle gear, 109 is a tail dragger. In the air they are prob. similar, but on the ground thats a whole different ball of wax. Also, tail feathers on 109 are small-giving less authority in the air.

Ah what the heck........PZ sells tons of replacement parts for both:D Try them both and compare for yourself lol

Bugalooob 10-04-2009 08:01 AM

The 109 taxis and flys totally different then the T-28, it requires faster landing speeds and is alot more sqirrelly like my gas warbirds....It definetely is no way near a begginer aircraft in my opinion

glazier808 10-04-2009 03:05 PM

I would have to agree, although you may have no problem once in the air, the take off and landings of this one might not be right for you. I'm picking up the flap kit today to see if that may help abit with the landing speeds. I'll post any info if I get it in the air.

Casey

Freddy! 10-04-2009 07:42 PM

I have one and hopefully fly the 109 this week if the rain stops

Dai Phan 10-05-2009 07:38 AM

Hello all,

For those with grass field, DO NOT INSTALL THE LANDING GEARS! I bought the first one in Columbia SC and also the first one to lost one in a crash. My test pilot landed the plane a few times but ended up in some nasty ground loops. On the third flight, the left wing folded in flight due to the damage from previous rough landings that we did not catch. Everything is completely destroyed. However, I got to fly it and I felt it tracked better than the T-28. When there is little wind, it is VERY easy to fly. Absolutely no bad tendency. I will order another but this time, I will leave the gears off because we only have a grass field. DP