RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/9872683-official-hz-champ-micro-flyers-thread.html)

macz 08-26-2010 08:16 PM

RE: Official HZ Champ!! & Micro Flyers thread

lol

FirebirdCdr2 08-27-2010 03:15 PM

LOL!!!!!!,

:D:D:D:D

FirebirdCdr2 08-29-2010 09:50 AM

I had the champ flying like crazy this morning!!!!!!!!! Doing Loops and spirals!!!!!!!!! I love this darn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like I love my Super Cub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheelnut 08-29-2010 11:19 AM

My son and I went flying yesterday and he is still loving his Champ.

Firebird, I highly recommend you get the new PZ Wildcat. It is a very smooth easy flier.
If you can fly the Super Cub very well, I'm sure you can fly this plane.
Here is the thread in case you are interested. I didn't come into the thread until around page 100.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1276064

Raycamaro 08-29-2010 02:06 PM

Wheelnut,

Any chance you can do some side by side flying with the Champ and the J-3 Cub? I'm still interested in some more comparisons. A video would be really nice showing the two together.

macz 08-29-2010 03:50 PM

Wow my first plane....there was quite a head wind 10-15mph and it flies great I had a few crashees in the grass great learner very cool. It'll be a lot better on a calm day.

Wheelnut 08-29-2010 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Raycamaro

Wheelnut,

Any chance you can do some side by side flying with the Champ and the J-3 Cub? I'm still interested in some more comparisons. A video would be really nice showing the two together.
Sorry, but probably not going to happen. My son is just learning to fly and I don't want to crash the two together.
A short while back while we were flying together, I was diving at his Ember with my P-51 and we collided and it wasn't pretty.

I'm a good pilot, I have both and I assure you, the Champ is a better plane.

FirebirdCdr2 08-31-2010 06:55 PM

Wheelnut,

I checked out the wildcat. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I may very well get the Wildcat. I actually like it.

Firebird

Wheelnut 08-31-2010 07:35 PM

Cool, I hope to get to welcome you to the club soon:)

FirebirdCdr2 09-01-2010 02:53 PM

Wheelnut,

Hey check me out on youtube. Checkout a couple of my super cub videos and tell me if I should be able to fly the Wildcat. Tried to post a video wouldn't post. The title is
HobbyZone Super Cub Lp at New Dixon Park.

P.S. Hopefully, You will be welcoming me soon. If not sooner. Definitely after Christmas. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Firebird

Wheelnut 09-01-2010 07:35 PM

Firebird, you can definitely fly the Wildcat, though you will need to stretch out the landing. With a warbird you have to bring her down slowly and let her slow down to get a smooth level landing with a small flair at the last second.

Gerald out

FirebirdCdr2 09-01-2010 07:39 PM

Wheelnut,

Thanks. I will be adding the Wildcat to my list. I should be able to make the landings slower and long.

Kj

Wheelnut 09-01-2010 07:42 PM

Yes, that is a nice looking flying area. I hope to make it over there some day to fly with you.
Maybe you could send me a google map of it so I can see how far it is.

FirebirdCdr2 09-02-2010 11:19 AM

Wheelnut,

Sure, I can send you a map. The soccer fields are very very nice.

FirebirdCdr2 09-04-2010 03:17 PM

Good Evening all!!! Hope everyone is enjoying a good flying Day. :)

Firebird

FirebirdCdr2 09-05-2010 03:02 PM

I was looking at youtube today and found a video, Where a guy put ailerons on his champ. He hasn't made a video of it flying yet.

Firebird

rotorbroke 09-06-2010 07:39 PM

My Champ flew away. I replaced it with a um J-3 Cub. Little smaller, smaller engine/prop and shaft. Almost the same flight characteristics for us non fliers. But I just liked my Champ better and would get another one in a heartbeat if they came bnf. I don't understand how you can get a Champ and radio cheaper than a bnf j-3 cub or similiar. The Champ was just a little slower and could stay aloft a litttle longer and slower...... I miss my Champ. It's yellow and has a full battery and was last seen at about 600ft downrange and betweee 100 - 200 feet. If you see it , it is mine. I HAVE LEARNED TO ADD RETURN ADDRESS LABELS TO ANYTHING THAT FLYS IN SEVERAL KEY LOCATIONS..

[&:]

FirebirdCdr2 09-07-2010 09:36 AM

Rotorbroke,

I'm sorry that happen to you. Well hopefully some nice person finds it and sends it back to you. Yeah, That is one thing that i dont like about the Champ, is that it's not BNF. If it so happens to fly into VA and I see it I will send it to you.

Firebird

FirebirdCdr2 09-12-2010 06:06 PM

It's gotten windy, Almost lost my Champ!!! Got her back though.

FirebirdCdr2 09-19-2010 04:02 AM

The Weather is changing. I gotta get in some more flights, before it goes bad. [:o]

FirebirdCdr2 09-30-2010 08:49 PM

WoW!!

Just saw a video where a guy added ailerons to his Champ. It seems like it will fly great with ailerons.

Wheelnut 09-30-2010 08:50 PM

Link??

FirebirdCdr2 10-08-2010 02:07 AM

Wheelnut,

I tried to put the video up, but it just would work for me. Here is the title of the video on YouTube>>>>Hobbyzone Champ RTF with AILERONS. Sorry took me long to answer back. Had some family problems going on.

Firebird

caymin last 10-15-2010 06:38 AM

Hi all, after messing with rc cars/trucks for a few years, playing with some air hogs planes and scratchbuilding a few flyers with the AH guts after trashing the airframes, I finaly decided to get my first real RC plane. I've been researching and reading various reviews on small, inexpensive 3 channel aircraft, and time after time the HZ Champ seems to come up as being one of the top 'teach yourself to fly' products, so I went to the LHS and got one. I plan to try and do a maiden flight this week-end, weather permitting, and will report back on the results.

Wheelnut 10-15-2010 08:31 AM

Caymin,
Welcome to the flying club:)
do yourself a favor. If your LHS has a Simulator demo hooked up in their store, get on it for at least 30 min, try to pick a Cub plane and you can train your hand eye coordination. Believe it or not, it will help alot.