e156642

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dualsky F3A motor

Thought I would try the new series of Dulsky motors. Was I WRONG.
I first purchased a XM6350DA-12 which I had no end of trouble with. I am running a Jetti spin 99 and couldn't go over 1/2 throttle all I got was a high pitched squeal and motor stopped.
After contacting Dualsky about what settings are recommended, I tried again, same results. Went through almost every setup for timing but couldn't get it to run over 1/2 throttle. Getting desperate I purchased the Dualsky speed controller, it arrived in good order motor now can run to full power. The Dualsky speed controller doesn't offer great breaking so didn't enable it (it is also quite heavy). New BJ Element aircraft 3 flights later smoke came from the model. Landed and found that motor had burnt out.Lucky model didn't catch fire. (putting my model at jeopardy again)
Contacted Dualsky for replacement to which they claimed I was running the incorrect prop for the motor, and stated the motor XM6355DA-13 is the correct one.
I then ordered this motor, installed it and had 16 flights before a strange noise appeared. Removed motor from the aircraft again and diagnosed problem. Problem is that some the magnets in the rotating can had come loose dragging on the rotating parts.(putting my model at jeopardy again)
Tried twice to contact Dualsky for a replacement, to which there has been no response at all.
Is this how Dualsky treats their customers?
Beware DUALSKY don't back their products!
Should have just purchased another Q80 at least these are reliable and have decent backup. The 2 motors and speed controller purchased would have paid for a Q80 or Plettenburg.
Now stuck with a model which is really difficult to modify as special motor mount was made and glassed into position.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH DUALSKY !
Old 04-16-2018, 05:17 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am at a loss of what to tell you. I agree that they should be talking with you to solve your issue. I however without getting more information about your setup will not make any assumptions that Dualsky puts out a poor product. I have been flying a 6355DA-12 motor now for over a year and am very pleased with it. I am running a OS 1100HV speed control with timing set to 25 degrees and the brake at 15%. The prop being used is a Falcon 19x13 3 blade prop that has been cut down to 18.25". The motor is always cool after landing.

I would be interested in knowing what your timing is set to, what size prop you are running and would like to see pictures that show your cooling air intake and exit. Being that your motor is 220KV and with running 10S the largest prop that should be run with that motor would be a 20x13.