Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Several Tracker II Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 06:31 PM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several Tracker II Issues

I've run into a few issues with my new Tracker II system that I want to make you aware of.

First, I installed the receiver switch that came with the flight pak in a new plane. I've been working on it for a couple of days and last night I turned it on and nothing. Toggled the switch a couple of time and the back fell off. It was a first for me. Don't really care that the switch failed since it was the bench, but you might want to double check your quality control on your switches.

Second, I was having problems getting the elevators to center correctly. I could get good UP elevator and almost no elevator. Spoke with John Gill (I believe) and he advised me to send the unit in. Being curious in nature, I found my way into the service menu and discovered the elevator pot was no where near center. The more I worked the stick, the worse it got. It occured to me the pot was slipping where it connects to the gimble. I was able to loosen the screws on the gimble and adjust the center. All is well.

Third, I realized that the trims were not being saved correctly when using an Elevon wing mix. This seems to have been addressed in another post, so I'll be sending the unit back in for an update.

Fourth, I received a new flying wing from Combat Wings today at the office. I had chosen a frequency of one of my Futaba 9Cs. The 9C was at home, but the Tracker was in the car, I found an excuse to get out of the office and go fly. Setup Elevons and the control surfaces were reversed. I could reverse the servos and get left and right correctly, but up and down were reversed. Reversed the servos and vice versa. Thinking Wes at Combat Wings had screwed up, I went ahead and flew it inverted. When I got home I got out the 9C, setup a new model, activated Elevons and it responded correctly. Still perplexed on this one.

Lastly, it appears that you cannot setup Flaperons using channels 1 and 5 instead of the standard 1 and 6. Maybe I just haven't figured this one out. This is an important feature since many of the receivers used in small electric are only 5 channel receivers.

The Tracker II is great radio for the price and with some software changes, it could be and excellant radio. I would also like to suggest offering the Tracker II for sale in a transmitter only configuration. For people like myself, I don't need another wall wort charger, 1 GWS servo, receiver battery or switch. Just a thought.