Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

A minor point....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:50 AM
jimlynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A minor point....

I am really getting to like my Tracker II. In fact, my only complaint (besides not having 3 gazillion Program mixes ) is that I would really like to have the count-down timer display on the front panel. Is there room for this in the code, please?
Old 11-17-2003, 05:26 PM
lewispolk

Default RE: A minor point....

There is no room on the screen. Perhaps in the future.

Lewis Polk
Old 11-25-2003, 01:16 AM
jimlynn

When Flying, you no longer need to know what model you are flying. You could replace this info with the count down timer. Or at least give me a way to retrieve time left after the flight so that I can log my flight times...
Old 11-25-2003, 02:44 AM
lewispolk

Good idea!

I'll discuss this with team Polk, to see if they agree that you don't need to know your frequency when you come on the air. Can we hear from some more of you?

Yours truly,
Lewis Polk
Old 11-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Montague

How about using one of the button sets to toggle between displaying the timer or the model/frequency? For example, the + key turns the timer on and off, so the first time you hit + after turning on, the screen would switch to timer and start counting down, then when you hit + again it could stop the timer. Hitting - could toggle back to the frequency/model display maybe?

I don't use the model/freq display after engine start, but I do use it as I turn on to verify that the radio is where I thoght it is. I wouldn't want it to go away on it's own (after a few seconds, say), since sometimes I switch on and set the TX aside for a few seconds, then pick it back up when I hear the beep. Then I quickly double check the model number and throttle position, and fire up the engine and go.

Having the timer display available would be really useful in general, so finding some way to make it work would be worthwhile.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:13 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes! Yes! Yes!
The timer is very important to many flyers. I know one who will not buy this radio because it not only doesn't show the time, but doesn't have three separate timers.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Jean13704

ORIGINAL: Montague

How about using one of the button sets to toggle between displaying the timer or the model/frequency?

Having the timer display available would be really useful in general, so finding some way to make it work would be worthwhile.
I agree completely.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:54 AM
lewispolk

I agree too and will work on it next week.

Lewis Polk
Old 11-27-2003, 02:09 AM
jimlynn

Great! Now if you can make it full height for the display for those of use who use two different pairs of glasses when flying [8D]