Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Can it?

Old 12-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Askalon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can it?

Can the Tracker II work for both planes and heli's on one controller like the JR 8103? Just curious what my next controller upgrade should be.

Clayton
Old 12-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Askalon
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Can it?

Well after about a week I suppose i know the answer that it can't, but can the seeker II reciever work with a JR FM system? Anyone since the Polk Hobbies is not responding?
Old 12-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Montague

The seeker RX will work with your JR tx.

I don't think the TrackerII can handle a modern heli, but I haven't tried so I don't know for sure. The mixes on a TrakerII are pretty basic, and totally linear. So if you wanted a non-linear throttle or cyclic mix, it can't do it.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:49 PM
lewispolk

It's only a very basic heli radio and it will work with JR FM.

Lewis Polk
Old 12-31-2003, 05:59 PM
Joe Bennett

Default Display of timer on Tracker II

Is it possible to actual view the timer in a useful way during a flight? I see nothing in the instructions indicating that this is possible. If not, why even have it at all?

Joe
Old 01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Montague

Default RE: Display of timer on Tracker II

It's not currently possible, though Lewis Polk did say that they were going to look in to it.

Honestly, I've been using the radio for a bit, and I that once you get used to it, not seeing the timer isn't a big deal. I just set for a bit shorter than my fuel supply, and I know I should think about landing after it goes off. But I leave enough cushion that I don't need it down to the second.

I was using a seperate countdown timer, but I found I never really looked away from my plane in the air to look at the timer anyway, I just reacted to the noise it made. I mean, how much time do you spend not looking at your plane in the air anyway?

That said, I'm still not 100% confident that the timer is running or not running when I think it is. And, if I understand, it starts up automatically when you turn on your TX, while most guys prefer to start their timers right after the engine starts. You can stop and re-start the timer with the buttons on the pannel, but you get no feedback telling you that it's doing what you think it's doing, that it actually stopped and re-started. Some feedback here, even just a beep for "started timing", two for stopped timing or something would be an improvement. Though not necessary if they do the mod to make it visible.