Community
Search
Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Couple Questions on Tracker and Seeker??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:28 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions on Tracker and Seeker??

Simple question on the Seeker.Asked Jon abnout getting more of the little switches for it.He said to getr the switch at Radio Shack and solder to a plug.In looking at the factory one it has all three wires going into the shrink wrap,without cutting into it can't tell how they hooked it up.I assume just the 2 wires red and black to switch and white open?See there is a new update to the 1-32?mine is new and has the 31 version.Is there enough difference to be worth the trouble to send it in?NOw that learned to use it love both it and the seeker.HUrry up with that new mini rec.!!!! Was nice to meet you and Jon at Ontario!Bob Moodie
Old 01-30-2004, 02:27 PM
JOHN GILL

Default RE: Couple Questions on Tracker and Seeker??

To make a set switch: any normally open button can be used. We close the signal (white) and ground (black) wires. You can use an old servo plug and wire, a piece of scrap heat shrink and a Radio Shack switch of any size. This would be a lot less expensive then to get one from Polk’s
John G
Old 01-30-2004, 02:35 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: JOHN GILL

To make a set switch: any normally open button can be used. We close the signal (white) and ground (black) wires. You can use an old servo plug and wire, a piece of scrap heat shrink and a Radio Shack switch of any size. This would be a lot less expensive then to get one from Polk’s
John G
[8D] Signal and ground, good to know. I'll definitely keep this for future reference.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:44 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Jon;Thanks for the answer!I would have used the red and black ones without your help!DO you just leave the red open then?Have plenty of old leads so that not a problem.Again Thanks Bob Moodie