Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Tracker features???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 03:17 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tracker features???

I saw the Tracker at Toledo and am pretty sure I gotta have one......Just one question that I didn't ask at the show...
Can you name the models for each of the 99 memory positions?
Old 04-06-2004, 07:25 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Tracker features???

Yes... you can name them 1, 2, 3, etc.....sorry, they just get the numbers and no names. I stick a small number on all my planes to keep track and it works well.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Jean13704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a suggestion. Before buying you should check the extensive thread on the Tracker II on RC groups. There are many who swear for this radio, but there are also many (prior owners) who swear at it. It has some very good points, but also some very severe flaws compared to other 8 channel radios.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:49 AM
petec

I'll check that out. Being in broadcast, I love synthesized RF modules and the built in frequency scanner. I have an Eclipse 7 right now and love it, but the Tracker does have some nice features from a techie point of view like the lack of carbon pots on the synthesis module. Pots like those on the Spectra module are notorious for going noisy.

Maybe the next generation of the Tracker software could include naming....
Old 04-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Tracker is a good radio, and many of the problems mentioned in some of the threads you find out there have been fixed in the latest software versions.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:01 PM
petec

I have read everything I can about it since I got back from Toledo on Saturday both here and on RC Groups. There are some very valid gripes and some people just nitpicking. I see that Mr. Polk has responded to most complaints and I am willing to give it a good hard look.

I have seen the quote more than once that such and such great modeler uses our product exclusively. I think that's great for them but having been the one doing endorsements (been a radio DJ for a while) taught me that the only endorsement that is important is your own.

Yet I digress.....I will call Polk Hobby in the morning and ask the questions that are pertinent to me and if the all the concerns are addressed in the latest software I will gladly buy a Tracker II. I think it's GREAT idea and it looked good at Toledo, but I wasn't looking for that radio when I went there.....I planned on another Eclipse with Spectra. The Tracker just has some FANTASTIC features.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post.......and thanks to everyone who posted some thing about the Tracker both here and on other boards.....it has allowed me to form intelligent questions prior to doling out my hard earned (well most of the time) cash.