Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Tracker II support?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker II support?

Will the Tracker II continue to be supported for a while? Any idea how long? I have an old Tracker II that I want to send in for service and a software update sometime in mid-december, but it might not happen until Jan or Feb depending on how things go. Will this be a problem?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:41 PM
macr0t0r
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Tracker II support?

eMail is a better course of action for contacting Polk. In so many words, Mr. Gill told me that the Tracker II will still be supported since they have 5-yr warranties to honor. I wouldn't expect much support after the warranties expire, but most of us don't even keep transmitters for that long anyway.

However, as for future firmware updates:
"The TRACKER II is finished now that we have the III coming."
If you don't have the latest and greatest, you might as well send it in one last time for an upgrade. It's still free (though you have to pay the shipping to get it there, but they will cover the rest). I sincerely doubt they'd charge for an update if it is still under warranty.
- macr0t0r
Old 11-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Montague

I assumed that was the case, but I figured it didn't hurt to check. I'd send mine in now, but my contest season isn't over yet, so I can't afford to be without my TX at the moment. But I do plan on getting it updated later on. I don't know if I will keep or sell my TrackerII now that I have a III on pre-order, but I want to get it serviced either way.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:59 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

HI;Re:updates what is the latest update for the tracker11?Thionk mine is maybe 31 will have to look might be good idea to get it done if there are newer ones before they forget how!Hope the price holds out think will wait till new one is tried a little befoe ordering.Hard to resist at that price!!