Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

solution for the trainer switch location problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:57 PM
swede-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solution for the trainer switch location problem

A #32 rubber band placed thus holds down on the trainer switch for you. If you need to take control from your student, push up on the switch(or flick the rubber band off) and you take control of the plane. By moving the rubber band up or down on the shaft of the trainer switch you can find just the right spot where the switch stays on and also stays off as shown in the photos.

The same can be accomplished with a #64 rubber band. Tie a knot in it to shorten it's length and find the right spot on the shaft of the trainer switch.

Swede

Old 11-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Montague

Default RE: solution for the trainer switch location problem

Intersting.

But I really prefer the "dead man switch" action for a trainer switch. I'm not sure I want to have to think about hitting a switch to get control.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:49 AM
air mail rcu

Default RE: solution for the trainer switch location problem

Thanks but no thanks. I just use my middle finger to hold the switch on. This leaves my index finger and thumb free to work the stick. A little different feel, but it works.