Search
Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

I am so disgusted at this moment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am so disgusted at this moment.

If you know me, I post the good with the bad so here is the bad . Right now I have in my hand the radio my brother took in to get repaired but I don't have the receiver which was sent in to have the antenna replace. I can not believe such a thing can happen when dealing with the wrong people. I normally deal with John when I go in and everything turns out ok. My brother said he dealt with one of the technicians , whom I believe made an honest mistake , but it will cost me time I don't have .

Part of the reason I am upset is because I have been emailing POLK's support and customer service department and still didn't get a reply. They may be busy but this is the best way to loose valuable business.

I checked the radio for elevon operation and it works fine with the seeker 8 I just bought . I have a new out of the box seeker 6 and it will not learn the radio frequency at all. Is it hard to test these receiver before shipping them ? Anyway this is really an attempt to get some answers on how to handle getting my seeker 8 back and replacing the non-working seeker 6.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:30 PM
RC-Captain

Default RE: I am so disgusted at this moment.

I just found a screw bouncing around inside the radio. . I don't know what technician handle this service repair but this is beyond absurd and I will be at the front door tomorrow mourning to so solve this matter. [>:].
Old 01-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Flyboyanderson

RC-FIEND

I bought a Seeker 6 about a year ago and it worked perfectly. The one I got just before Xmas (with the Tracker III) has the same trouble yours has. I was hoping to order two more so I'll be watching this thread closely before I do.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:23 PM
RC-Captain

I fooled with it a little further and got it to program the frequency. Like you I want to to keep buying them for all of my planes. I am tired of switching receivers. Although I got it working I am going to exchange it for a new one. Did you send yours in for repair ? Any who , there is no response from MR.POLK yet............
Old 02-10-2006, 01:12 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...

Any update?

dave
Old 02-10-2006, 01:43 AM
RC-Captain

Well to put it briefly , I went in the next day and talked to John who has the most outstanding customer service attitude I have ever seen in a person and he took the seeker 6 receiver for repair and 3 days later I received it back with a note saying there wasn't anything wrong with the receiver along with another seeker II (8) which he promised if they couldn't find the one my brother dropped off to have the antenna replaced.

I have flown my Mach Racer with the seeker 6 and only noticed when doing the ground check a tad bit of interference. Another thing I noticed was the antenna wire on one of my seeker 8 wires and the seeker 6 is very thin. Although during the three flights with the seeker 6 I didn't notice any problems , I feel the antenna wire needs to be at least 22awg not what I believe is 24 or 28 awg wire.

I am not sure if MR POLK is aware of the difference in the wire being used but my old seeker II (8) and the replacement seeker II has a 22 awg wire on them.

Also being that the MACH RACER routes the wire through the wing then out of the bottom may be the reason for interference when doing the ground check. I will have to do an extensive check using both seeker IIs with the thin and the thicker wires. I will post picks of the two tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:34 PM
RC-Captain

Here are the pics of the antennas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65545.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	405822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51867.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	405823  
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM
JSGILL

The wire was changed on the to SEEKER 6 save weight (more people complained about the heaver wire). Our manufacture also changed it on the SEEKER II. The size of the wire WILL NOT afect the preformance of the recievers.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
RC-Captain

Thanks for the response , but I was wondering if there could be a choice given to the purchaser of either receiver. One slight tug on the thin wire, and a new one will have to be installed on the receiver. IMHO the thicker wire will take a beating longer than the thinner wire.

It's good to know it doesn't change the range or performance of the receiver. Thanks again for the information.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
JSGILL

Like most of the radios today we have it manufactured in Tiwan, The receivers come in with the ant. on. Sorry, you could change the wire to a heaver gauge, just make sure that it is the same length as the original.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:42 PM
RC-Captain

good enough , you have been more than helpful .

Thank You.