Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Tracker 111 Scanner problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:56 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker 111 Scanner problem!

Hi;Haviing problem with the scanner function on the radio!Get the BUSY signal when trying to turn on radio!Mo ve to other channel same thing!Tried several channels same thing happened!Don't know why it then works,tried varoious things then itis OK!Talked to Jon said maybe had to do with whether the antenna was out but tried it all ways no luck!Then is OK and able to go on and fly normally!But until get it out of the Busy mod can't fly!Went to another friend with one and had same situation with his!Again fiddled with it and then worked he hasn't used his much so hadn't run into this as his has the bad rudder control so can't use it.Mine has the 1-37 update his still has the earlier they will update it when he sends in for repair.It still behaved the same as mine!Any Ideas???
Old 03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Montague

Default RE: Tracker 111 Scanner problem!

The scanner is very sensitive. If you are near by another transmitter, it can be swamped by the other TX, and report all channels as busy. Also, if you are indoors or too close to some electronics, it can sometimes report that as a signal.

Your best bet is to make sure you are not close to any operating transmitter, at least 25feet, more is better though.

I also power mine up with the antenna totally down, though in this case, you are seriously hindering the scanner, so you can't rely on it to work, you'll need to be sure you use normal frequency control.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:25 AM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the hint!Will make sure to be a ways away from other ones!Never had this with my 11 occasionally get a hit but when your planes controls are sitting there on the bench jumping all over and your rec is off get suspicous.BHut these incidents nothing is moving!My 11 is in for a check now so can't compare them.As said did try another 111 at the field and did same thing.Another question I was setting the channel as described in the manual and also got the busy and the ailerons kept moving yet it did go to the channel was setting even though was saying busy?Later ground checked and flew and it worked but wohndering about the channel lock in that situation?
Old 07-28-2006, 06:44 PM
agshane
My Feedback: (14)

Some interesting information about the TIII scanner function. I can go to the field, with other non-polk radios and the TIII will not turn on due busy frequencies. However, I can sit two TIII side by side, in my lap, one of channel 22 and the other on 23, and one will not affect the other!
Lot said about Polk and their narrow band transmitters

Could it be that other transmitters aren't as "pure" with the frequency generator?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:37 AM
rcflyer08

My channel 11 is always busy. Other then that have found no problems yet with my Tracker III radio
Old 12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
balsabuster2003

Mine did that, too. I sent it in for software revision to 1.37.5 O.K. Now.