Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Flicker and mixing

Old 07-30-2006, 07:16 AM
rrandletn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flicker and mixing

I recently purchased a Poke Radio and have a couple of questions.

1. Once in a while configuring an airplane the % digits will flicker rapidly. For instance when entering the EPA the amount entered will flicker so fast you can’t tell what you have entered. Is this interference or a transmitter issue?

2. I have a Bud Nelson Jenny and I need to have a special mixing between the throttle and the rudder. At low throttle I want a neutral rudder but on full throttle I need right rudder. I’ve tried to program this but with no luck. Can you help please?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Montague

Default RE: Flicker and mixing

The flickering in the EPA adjustment is caused by the stick being in the center, which sometimes can be read as going back and forth between the two sides. Since EPA is set for each direction (up and down % values for elevator for example), the number can flicker if the stick is in the center.

To fix this, just hold the stick in the direction you want to change the EPA for. For example, to set the "up" end point, just hold the elevator stick off center and make your adjustment.

For the throttle->rudder mix, you have 2 options. If you want a linear mix, then you can use a P-mix, channel 3 is master, channel 2 is slave. Set your % value for master->slave. Then under switch select, make sure to select a switch. The mix should come on with the switch at that point.

If you want no mixing up to half throttle, and then a little mix to kick in after that, use an S-mix, and set one of the master->slave %s to 0%, and the other to get the mixing you want.

What you can't do with the T3 is pick a point in the throttle travel for the mix to begin. You just have 2 options, either the mix is on for the full travel using a P-mix, or it can be on for half travel using the S-mix. But you do have a switch to allow you to turn the mix on and off whenever you want.

Btw, if you need rudder with throttle, any reason you can't adjust the engine's thrust line a hair?
Old 08-02-2006, 05:29 AM
rrandletn
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Flicker and mixing

Thanks for you help, If I could I would adjust the engine but that's just not and option.