Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Rudder (ch4 inop)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:40 AM
ludovit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder (ch4 inop)

I am just about finished with my new GP YAK-54 81"(electric conversion)
I had all my servos dialed in perfect including my dual elevator, dual pull/pull rudder.
Few days later I decided to go with one digital pull/pull servo insted two for CG purpose.
I removed the unnecessary mix for the rudder and after that my CH4 is inop, it just stays lock to the left, moving sticks won't move the servo.
I did try different servo, receiver, clear the model memory, MODE 1, MODE 2 etc. No luck. Strangely flipping TRAINER switch will move the servo to the center,also toggle any switch on the left side of the radio will move servo a little.
I had problem last year with this radio (flipping
Hi rate switch would move the servos without even touching the sticks). I send it to Polk's and they send it back with no problem found, but when I got it back the problem disappear. They must did something to it.
I had the feeling that is has to do something with the memory chip.
Is there a way to clear the memory from the memory chip, not just the model memory?
I love this radio, just bumbed out that I have to ship it back again. I really don't have a lot of free time so good dependable radio is a must.
I would hate to abandon this radio and go to different manufacturer. I used JR for many years
with zero issues.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ludovit
Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Montague

Default RE: Rudder (ch4 inop)

There is a way to do what appears to be a more complete memory reset, though I'm honestly not sure how much better it is or if it will fix your problem.

I'm doing this from memory, but if you search on here, you should be able to find the older thread with more details.

If you turn on the T3 while holding down the two right-most buttons, you should find yourself in the diag mode. If you page through the menus, there should be one marked memory clear. It will clear all the model memories if you let it run to the end.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 PM
ludovit

Default RE: Rudder (ch4 inop)

Montague

Thanks for the tip. Nice little trick to clear memory. I did try it, but no luck.
Radio is going back to Polk's for repair.

Ludovit