Tracker TX problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker TX problem

Anyone have this problem -

Radio was left on and battery was run down TOTALLY dead................when recharged-the low battery alarm sounds all the time and the voltage display reads 00.0 - I checked the tx pack with a Fluke DVOM and it is 10.69vdc - so the battery is good -any ideas ?Would like to fly again soon - radio has always worked perfectly in the past.......please help.

Thanks in advance,
jackjet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45032.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	719548  
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Tracker TX problem

Try the Polk's site. I don't remember the exact steps, but you select R/C and I think you get a window that offers the discussion area.

I loved my TIII until it developed a software glitch that cost me two planes. Then when I had it repaired I lost all 30 set-ups. Right now I am NOT a happy camper.
Walt
Old 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
bigdarylg

i just sent my transmitter back to Polk's for repairs for the same reason. they told me i lost part of the program they're going to repair it and add the new upgrade which all it does is add a low voltage cut off to the software to prevent this from happening again.
leads me to believe they have had problems with this before. they're telling me no charge for repairs tho, gotta love that 5 yr. warranty. I do know that repairs will wipe out the memory for all the planes. there is a spreadsheet you can download for saving all your info. i think if you do a search for it you should be able to find it.works really well just plug in the info and save for each plane. if you can't find it let me know and i'll see if i can find the link.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Walt Thyng

Bigdarlylg,
I'll have to look for it. It's a real pain trying to recreate some of my set-ups. Once you set the elevator to throttle percentage for a hot-liner it's like phone numbers on a speed dial --- who remembers them?
Walt
Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Jackjet

Can you still fly it like this or not?

Thanks , [:-]Jackjet
Old 07-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Walt Thyng

Jackjet,
not quite sure what you're referring to. In my case the problem occurred when I hit the high rate switches. I would get full right aileron deflection and full down elevator. The system worked fine until I hit high rates.
Walt
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 PM
bigdarylg

i think it must have a different affect on each radio, in my case none of my receivers would range check farther than about 20' and if i touched the ant. all servos would jump. I didn't feel like i should try to fly with these conditions
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Jackjet

Hi Pilots,
well I turned it on and switched on the A/C - and everthing went hard over - so I suppose the memory is gone - I will send it in.

Thanks everyone for your replys.

Jackjet[&o]
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I sent my T3 back for the upgrade I went into every model memory and on a sheet of paper I gridded out each setting for each model. When I got my T3 back I just went in a inputted each model and setting back in and every thing worked very good. Few exceptions but at least they were very minor. (trim, expo, etc)

Larry
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 AM
moodier

Walt;They are just sending my 111 back had same as you though the switch was bad but they said something about computer can't really understand the techs but will see when get it back just sent my 11 in also for uncontroled movements etc Something about replaced RF module? but haven't tried it either don't want to put on anything of value!!!to try out!!!On one hanb they have been good about warranty etc,but I hate loosing planes due to radio glitches,I can do enough damage with dumn thumbs without there help!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Walt Thyng

I was jumpy about using my repaired TIII, too. Then my Airtronics Radiant pooped out and I had to use it. Everything has been fine. I've got three birds re-programmed --- a 3D, a hot rod flying wing and a hotliner.
Walt
Old 10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

I haven't used my T-III in several months. Turned it on and got the low battery alarm. Charged it overnight using the wall-wart that came with it. Now, it doesn't seem to be sensing or transmitting any stick movements. I've tried it on airplanes it used to work with, with both + and - shift receivers. They sense the carrier and modulation but are stuck on the center position. No control surfaces move when the sticks are moved. Did something blow up due to the low battery condition?

TIA,

CR
Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM
rctrax

I've had mine change frequencies when it went dead so when I powered up again it was on a different frequency and did the sane thing. Also it became discalabrated when it went dead and had to be recalarabrated. It has since worked flawlessly. I guess you just shouldn't let it run down. You can send it in for an upgrade to prevent this.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Charley

I haven't used my T-III in several months. Turned it on and got the low battery alarm. Charged it overnight using the wall-wart that came with it. Now, it doesn't seem to be sensing or transmitting any stick movements. I've tried it on airplanes it used to work with, with both + and - shift receivers. They sense the carrier and modulation but are stuck on the center position. No control surfaces move when the sticks are moved. Did something blow up due to the low battery condition?
Found the problem! Somehow the Tx got set ( probably a short between the headphones (blush) ) to Model #21 instead of Freq Chan #21. Since this was an unassigned model memory #, all the EPAs were set to 0%, thus no servo movement. Once I assigned a model # in the 1 - 10 range things worked normally.

This begs the question: What's the best way to initialize an unassigned model memory #? Copy an assigned one? Gotta read up on this some more......

CR