Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Tracker Charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 10:51 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Tracker Charger

What is the output of the wall wart charger that comes with the Tracker? 50mA? It doesn't say anywhere on it.
Just wondering as it comes with 900mAh packs and would require a little longer charge time at 50mA.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:00 PM
lewispolk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Charger

I do believe it's a standard 50 ma charger, so yes, it takes longer to reach capacity. We considered this when selecting the 900 ma batteries as a more deluxe feature, but the charger can be left on for long periods and goes into trickle when fully charged. I suggest 12 hours rather than just the 8 overnight hours to get better performance. 18 hours the first time is suggested as well.

All the best,
Lewis Polk
Old 06-14-2003, 01:13 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Tracker Charger

Originally posted by lewispolk
We considered this when selecting the 900 ma batteries as a more deluxe feature, but the charger can be left on for long periods and goes into trickle when fully charged. All the best,
Lewis Polk
So does it actually go onto trickle charge? Do the lights on the charger change or anything when its in trickle? Does the charger actually cut back or is it something in the TX?
Or are we just considering 50ma as low enough to be called trickle? That would be great to have a cutback feature feature in the TX.

Thanks Lewis.