Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Trim and dual rate on slave channel

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:22 AM
jiberk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim and dual rate on slave channel

I have implement the Strato911 workaround for flaperons. The trim and dual rate work for the master channel but do not work for the slave channel. I would have assumed that any primary channel ( ailerons, elevator and rudder) dual rates or trim would effect the slave channel. I have checked the Tracker II thread and found no message concerning this problem. Is the a known problem? In what version of the software fixes this problem?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2003, 12:23 PM
lewispolk

We will answer this on Monday, when the engineers are in.

Lewis Polk
Old 06-23-2003, 05:00 AM
strato911

Just so you know that jberk is not alone, I have the same problem... Regardless what channel, the slave is uneffected by trim or dual rates settings of the master.

Then again, I haven't had any updates done yet (I still have V 1.16).
Old 06-23-2003, 07:55 PM
lewispolk

We have checked and when we fixed flaperon and V-tail the dual rate and trim work on the slave channels.

However on the individual program mixes they do not as we can't tell how you are going to use these mixes.

The work around Dennis did doesn't encompass that feature, while our fix does. If you need it on Flaperon and V-Tail send the radio in.

All the best,
Lewis Polk
Old 06-23-2003, 09:46 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh no! This doesn't sound good. Have to check mine when I get home.
What good is having a mix if it doesn't mix the trims and expo etc.? Does this mean that if I use two channels for dual elevator servos that I have to trim each separately? This can't be, can it? The slave should be a complete slave.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
lewispolk

We do have trim and dual rate control on the V-tail and Flaperon, where they are truly needed. I don't know of any popularly priced radio that offers that feature on standard mixes, since the memory requirements to do this are huge.

Hopefully, in the future we will have more memory than we do now. The big memory eater is the ten bit resolution as compared to everyone else's 8 bit, which more than doubles the amount of memory needed.

So, if you need this feature now than buy another radio. We aren't capable of providing it, until we re-make this radio with a different, far more expensive chip. We are using the most expensive chip on the market at this time, but these things change daily. For money you get honey and we will look for an alternative that doesn't require new programming for the basic program. Writing new software for this feature is not too bad once you have memory room.

All the best,
Lewis Polk
Old 06-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

In the mix can you turn the trim and link on and off? If so, turn it on. This is what is necessary using the 9C
Old 06-25-2003, 01:35 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I haven't had time to sit down and play with the radio. I even took it to work and still didn't have time
Maybe an elevator flap mix will work for dual elevators if I forgo flaperons. Well I won't say anymore till I have a chance to play with it . If I discover any work arounds I'll post them. Thanks
Old 06-25-2003, 10:40 AM
lewispolk

Dear All,

I believe you do have dual rates on the mixes, but not trim adjustements.

We can't add it right now, so it will have to wait for 2004.

All the best,
Lewis Polk
Old 07-16-2003, 11:08 PM
Jim13707

I believe you do have dual rates on the mixes, but not trim adjustements.

We can't add it right now, so it will have to wait for 2004.

Mr. Polk,

For what mixes, if any, does exponential affect the salve channel?
Old 08-12-2003, 01:34 PM
antcam

Default Trim on mixer

A way to have a trim on elevator with 2 sevos, in case you only used one of the three mixes would be to mix one of the rotary knobs on both servos using the other two mixers.

The rotary knob would act as trim then.

Maybe for the purpose of using two servos for the elevator, a Y cable would be a simpler way to have trim.

By the way, I did the same on my Futaba FF7 (mixing flaperons using free mixers), because I wanted to use a 4 channel receiver on a saliplane, and the trim didn't work either. Now each surface of the aileron trims on a diferent trim. Not all "advanced" radios have that function.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:11 PM
bandit409

Default RE: Trim on mixer

If you are using Futaba 9zap, put elevator on channel 2 and 5, ailerons on 1 and 6. Activate ALV in the condition menu. The trim will work for right and left elevators and ailerons.