Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Li-Po 11.1V for the TIII

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 AM
swede47
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-Po 11.1V for the TIII

Are they safe to use on the TIII. Is anyone else doing this? HK has a nice 3cell low discharge Li-po made for transmitters. Is it safe for the TIII to use it?

S
Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
propjobbill

Default RE: Li-Po 11.1V for the TIII

I have a tracker III radio and have been using the 2650 ma transmitter battery from Hobby king. It works well for me. full charged it starts at about 12.3 volts after about 4 =5 hours it is at well above 11.1 volts
Old 06-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

That's great to hear. My original TIII battery is getting suspect.
Walt
Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
swede47
My Feedback: (5)

As is mine. Walt- glad to know that you are still a happy TIII user. I remember some years ago we were both working on and sharing info for a Crow program for the TIII.

Later man,

Swede
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Hi Swede,
every time I read the manual I learn something new and sometimes I just do what seems to make sense in the TIII (an no other) world; other times I just keep pushing button until it does what I want.

I do love the synthesized frequency. I recently bought a box of 15 72mh RXs - several brands, several frequencies. Even though I only paid a $1 each the thought of buying 15 crystals was scary - then I remembered - I don't need new crystals (-: My field hat sometimes looks weird with three or four frequency pins on the band or brim, but since most guys at our club now fly 2.4 (come ON Polk) I don't really care.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Montague

I just got a 2600mah Nimh pack from CheapBatteryPacks.com myself a while back. They also have some 2700mah cells that I've been using in RX packs for a while as well. Just in case you wanted a lot more charge with out trying to fit a Lipo in there, or worrying about the extra voltage.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:27 AM
neons
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hello Propjobbill,
I have recently been directed to this thread by a poster here. I am aquiring a new Polk's Tracker III transmitter. I want to use my existing 2200Mah 11.1v Lipo transmitter battery in this new set. It is also from HK. I see you made a report last June that you are using this type transmitter battery in your Tracker III transmitter also. Being that we are now ending our flight season in many parts of the country, I would tend to believe you have racked up some hours now using the transmitter through out the flying season. I see that your charge is at 11.30volts. My charger trips off at 12.60volts on a full charge. Can you give us an update how well your system is working with your lipo battery now? It will further give me an assurance to using my battery on this new transmitter.
Thank You,
**Neons** Bob