Community
Search
Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

New Hi-Rate NIMH now available

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 04:29 AM
frederm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hi-Rate NIMH now available

New high rate NIMH cells

We are proud to introduce 4 brand new cells to our line up.

CBP-650 2/3AA - (15amp cell)
------------------------------------
Use this cell to replace 5/4AAA and AAA cells. Low voltage drop under load. Also a good replacement for 600ae and 500ar. Much lighter.

Price: $1.25

CBP-1400 AA - (15-20amp cell)
---------------------------------------
Use this cell to replace KR-1400ae/KR-1700au in speed 400 applications. Also use to replace KAN-1300. Great Zagi, combat wing or Unicorn pack.

Price: $1.50

CBP-1800 4/5A - (20-30 amp cell)
------------------------------------------
Use this as a direct replacement for HR-1700AUP and in some cases 1950 FAUP. This is a great cell.

Price: $2.95

CBP-2100 A - (20-30+ amp cell)
--------------------------------------
Replaces any full sized "A" cell or FAUP. This is a full sized A. Great Brushless power source. May even replace some Sub C.

Price: $3.49

** All Amp ratings are conservative. Manufacturers claims are actually higher then above. **

Many of you have known about our new hirate cells for some time. we are happy to finally announce that they are here. For those that want to see numbers (graphs, ir, voltage under load etc) don't worry. Those will be posted shortly.

If you would like to be an independent tester of these cells please email me directly at [email protected]. Please let me know what equipment you have and how you will test. We will send out a few sample cells/packs to those that we choose. They will then post their results here.

For those that know our quality and out products please feel free to buy them now from our website @ www.cheapbatterypacks.com

Thank you,

Mike
Old 08-06-2003, 11:34 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

This Ad brought to you by........
Old 08-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

are they sayno genuine cells?
Old 08-06-2003, 05:30 PM
frederm

No.

These cells are made for us by a manufacturer who only does Hi-Rate NIMH cells. THey are a new company and we have been working with them for the past 6months to get some great hi-rate product available at a lower cost.

Quality is very good guaranteed.

I have had a few people request to test these new cells so hopefully we will have some independent results that will show how great these cells are.

These are not junky chinese cells or surplus cells. These are very high quality. I only post about new products when I feel it is big news.

We will be posting our test result soon. We run constant load testing on 1 cell to a cutoff of 0.7 volts. We will be testing the 4/5A and A @ 25 amps. The 2/3AA and AA @ 15 amps. We will show graphs comparing them to similar Sanyo product or KAN product for reference. We then will do extreme testing. We will test 4/5A and A @ 35 amps and 2/3AA, AA @ 20amps to see the extreme side.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-06-2003, 08:17 PM
elevator_up

Can you educate me on your rating. When I buy a nimh AA battery I look for the capacity rating and find a number such as 1800mah. What's this 15amp rating your showing, and how do they compare. If your 15amp is a measure of something else, what is the mah (capacity rating) ?

Respectfully, I hope you appreciate that I/we don't prefer ads in these forums, so would rather have your engagement be more educational/collaborative and less commercial. Otherwise these forums would be full of ads, and most of us would leave. I believe this is a representative view of our members ??
Old 08-06-2003, 11:27 PM
frederm

We understand that our post is that of an Ad.

But it should also be pointed out the this is new product not available anywhere else. I think in the next few weeks you will find this to be exciting.

We posted pricing and amp ratings to make a strong point. We are posting here to share this advancement. We also spend a decent amount of money to sponser this very forum (note our ad at the very top).

We try not to make posting like this a habit. Most people find it interesting.

Now if we were just posting the same old same old I understand.

We feel this post was necessary as it will benifit anyone flying electric rc with NIMH.

Also, we are going to back all the above claims up with factual data from our own tests as well as other members of this online forum. I think the interaction also makes it interesting.

We will post discharge data to help explain how a cell will perform.

Thank you for listening,

Mike
Old 08-06-2003, 11:30 PM
frederm

CBP-1800 4/5A Discharge @ 30amps. Extreme test..

Sorry about the pic quality.

The point of this graph is to show that the battery can handle 30amps until .7 volts. At the extreme side. This battery is best suited to 30 amps bursts with normal draws @ 25 amps.

Also, I realized when i was done that I was charging at 2.5 amps instead of 1.8 amps. Not sure how that might have affected the charge.

What does this mean? It means that this little 4/5A cell can handle 30amps of current in short bursts. This translates to power. There are only two other cells this size that can be used in this manner. Sanyo 4/5A1700AUP and Sanyo 4/5A1950FAUP. Both of which are much more expensive.

I will add more data as it comes available.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-07-2003, 02:43 AM
frederm

CBP-2100A @ 30 amps

This shows good 30amp performance from this cell. I've actually tested 3000mah SC cells that did worse

This cell definitely makes KR-1400AE and KR-1700AU obsolete.

I will add comparison data so we can see how they compare to the big dogs: Sanyo Hr-1700 and 1950..

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-07-2003, 03:18 PM
mulligan

Can you please include cycle test results? I have seen cells with high capacities before, but they were made of inferior materials (ultra-thin plates, etc.) which gave them extremely low life expentencies.

- George
Old 08-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Dylwad
My Feedback: (11)

How would you compare the 650 cells to the red/green 5/4aaa 800 cells you sell? i own 5 packs of the 800's and love em, a side by side comparison at 10 amps would be great, as well as pack temperatures throughout the discharge. a comparative between your 650 and the Kan 650 would be nice, but not sure if you want to jump off that bridge.

One more thing, the green 5/4aaa's are from aerobatt, are the red's from the same manufacture?------i think i just found them on that site.....

Thanks,
Dylan
Old 08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
frederm

No. Our 650's are not from Aerobat.

And I would gladly face off against KAN 650's in a heartbeat. I plan on showing the comparison between the two.

I hope to have the independent testers fill in some of the info as I could test for ever. It really is a lot of work. I will provide discharge data as I have and add some comparison cells so you can really see what it all means.

The CBP-650's can handle 10-15amps with less voltage drop then any 5/4AAA including our own.

Mike
Old 08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Doesnt this thread belong in product announcements. Does the "new" rcu encourage posters to advertise in regular forums
Old 08-08-2003, 06:08 PM
austinelse
My Feedback: (1)

Default Graphs

We will be working hard to get the rest of the graphs up over the weekend for those who are interested.

-Austin
Old 08-09-2003, 03:19 AM
frederm

CBP-650 2/3AA @ 15amps constant load.

This little cell took 15amps continuous to .9 volts for over 1 minute.

took 15 amps to .7 for 2.5 minutes.

wow.

Mike