Community
Search
Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

Notice Regarding Rocket City Specialties

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 04:23 PM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Notice Regarding Rocket City Specialties

As you might be aware, Rocket City Specialties have closed the doors and it is it becoming exceedingly difficult to find these items, so, in an effort to fill the void left by Rocket City Specialties, we have been granted permission to use the name Rocket City and will be reproducing the Rocket City Specialties line of hardware.
The company will be called Rocket City inc. and will have a website at www.rocketcity.biz and will eventually offer the entire line of what used to be Rocket City Specialties. Please be advised that we are not affiliated with Chris Chambers or Rocket City Specialties, and will not use the trade name or logo formally used by Chris Chambers. We are simply "Rocket City". We will be making some minor improvements to the already near perfect product that was being provided, but no changes other than improving the structural strength of the original product. The overall size, shape and configuration will remain excatly the same as before so it will easily interchange with your exsisting setup. In addition we will probably be offering basic colors in addition to the commonly used black.
Watch for more news as things develop, we will announce the grand opening in just a few weeks. For More Info e mail us at: [email protected]

Rick Broussard
Rocket City inc.
337 839-8222 off. 337 839-8111 fax [email protected]
Old 01-20-2002, 10:09 PM
JERRY NELSON

Default News On Original Rocket City Hardware

2900 SW Cornelius Pass Rd. Unit 762
HILLSBORO, OR 97123 877-263- 5766 (TOLL FREE)

SUBJECT: AVAILABILITY OF ROCKET CITY HARDWARE

NELSON Hobby Specialities is offering Rocket City hardware that is purchased from Rocket City Specialties. Rocket City did not go out of business. However the owner is semi retiring and will no longer be packaging the product line under the Rocket City Specialties name for dealers and distributors. The parts are still being manufactured and are available in bulk. NELSON Hobby is able to purchase the parts. NELSON Hobby is offering these items to dealers under similiar terms previously offered by Rocket City. Our product name is R/C Linkage. Items are available directly from us or from hobby dealers. Suggest you contact your hobby dealer first. Part numbers will be the same only with a RCL code infront of the parts. Please feel free to call me or e-mail if you have questions. R/C linkage catalog is available for $1 to cover costs.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:09 PM
BAGOSTIX

Default Notice: Rocket City Update

I have several faxes from Chris at Rocket City stating that as of December 2001 Rocket City is No Longer.. I was advised by Chris Chambers that he would be selling in bulk form "for a while".
Therefore we will be offering a product line to the general public as well as most of the hobby shops.

This notice was simply to advise that this product will be available again for those of you that have seen the "discontinued" in the product availability section of some of the hobby shops order forms.

This is in no way an attempt to discredit, disavow, or demeen Chris Chambers or Rocket City Specialties, the man has a wonderful product and we are proud to be able to offer our version of this product to the r/c community.

It was made clear to us that he would not be packaging these items any longer and would in fact be selling in bulk to Nelson, we are simply making this product more widely available.

for more information contact:

Rick Broussard
Rocket City inc.
337 839-8222 off. 337 839-8111 fax [email protected]
Old 01-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

Default Nelson hobby

I heard nelson hobby was taking over the rocket city line, and improving upon them.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:32 PM
BAGOSTIX

Default R/C

Nelson has in fact reached an agreement with Chris Chambers to purchase in bulk form from what I understood, as far as improvements are concerned, I dont know what Mr. Nelsons plans are but I am sure that he will offer the same fine customer service with this line as he did with his own line..
Old 01-21-2002, 08:05 PM
BAGOSTIX

Default Rocket City correspondence

here is a transcript from a fax I sent and received from Chris Chambers owner of the Former Rocket City Specialties
dated 01-07-02

Q. Chris I am interested in doing this product line but have many concerns?
A. Rick, there is NO product line.

Q. Are you going to continue making these parts?
A. Make some, sell out stock. As I see it.

Q. If you do not wish to continue making these parts can I duplicate them and adopt the Rocket City name for use in reselling the items wholesale?
A. As long as they know it is not from Rocket City but from you.

Q. Do you have an agreement with Nelson Hobbies?
A. who I sell to is my business.

Summary statement: You have/had a tremendous product and my intention is to fill the void and continue producing or providing these parts.
I do however DO NOT want to step on any toes or make something that doesnt belong to me without the blessings of the approprate people. Please let me know what I can do that would be acceptable to you.

Reply in whole: Rick, you can make anything you wish, if the words Rocket City appeal to you,"use it". I dont have it anymore, some items I will continue for a while, Who I sell to is my business.

End quote... Folks judge this for yourselves.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:31 PM
BAGOSTIX

Default Rocket City Continued

The fundamental difference I believe will be as follows:

My company Rocket City inc. (not Specialties) will be a manufacturer of these products.

From what I have heard and seen, Nelson will be obtaining his stock in bulk form from Chris Chambers whom as I understand from Mr. Nelsons post is "semi retired".

believe me, myself and my staff wont be taking any long fishing trips anytime soon.

Mr. Nelson has a very nice line of products and I am glad he made arrangements with Chris Chambers to aquire the Rocket City parts, I have made several purchases with Nelson and have nothing but praise for the man and his company, and I use his products on all of my planes, I wish him all the best.
Bottom line is that we will be manufacturing this product and will be offering it on the open market in a few short weeks, so ultimately I hope Mr. Nelson wishes us well too..

Old 01-22-2002, 03:56 AM
VORTEX
My Feedback: (3)

Default AVAILABILITY OF ROCKET CITY HARDWARE

Jerry - will you have a website we can bookmark? - thanx
Old 01-22-2002, 08:10 PM
JERRY NELSON

Default Original Rocket City Part Available From Nelson Hobby Specialites

2900 SW Cornelius Pass Rd. Unit 762
HILLSBORO, OR 97123 877-263- 5766 (TOLL FREE)

SUBJECT: AVAILABILITY OF ROCKET CITY HARDWARE

NELSON Hobby Specialities is offering Rocket City hardware that is purchased from Rocket City Specialties. Rocket City did not go out of business. However the owner is semi retiring and will no longer be packaging the product line under the Rocket City Specialties name for dealers and distributors. The parts are still being manufactured and are available in bulk. NELSON Hobby is able to purchase the parts. NELSON Hobby is offering these items to dealers under similiar terms previously offered by Rocket City. Our product name is R/C Linkage. Items are available directly from us or from hobby dealers. Suggest you contact your hobby dealer first. Part numbers will be the same only with a RCL code infront of the parts. Please feel free to call me or e-mail if you have questions. R/C linkage catalog is available for $1 to cover costs.

Last edited by JERRY NELSON on 01-20-2002 at 10:24 PM
Old 01-22-2002, 08:46 PM
JERRY NELSON

VORTEX:

Thanks for your interest in our R/C Linkage (was Rocket City).

Our web site is nelsonhobby.com.

The R/C Linkage is not shown on our site. We have a catalog of these items for $1.00.

We should be shipping our first batch of our new R/C Linkage monday (28th).

NELSON HOBBY

Jerry Nelson
Old 01-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Chris 540

Default HMMMM

Now this is confusing!
Old 01-29-2002, 01:27 AM
BAGOSTIX

Default Confused??

Chris dont be confused, its simple, one company is buying them and one is manufacturing them.
we will be manufacturing an improved line of what used to be rocket city , and Jerry is still buying from Chris Chambers in bulk form..
watch for our website coming soon, it will explain a lot and the service will be typical of what I am known for..
Old 01-29-2002, 02:19 AM
Chris 540

Default Re: Confused??

Originally posted by BAGOSTIX
the service will be typical of what I am known for..
Well..you can expect some business from me!!
Old 01-29-2002, 02:25 AM
BAGOSTIX

Default thanks

thats what I like to hear...
Old 01-29-2002, 05:08 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well I think that all the necsasary information and explanations are here so it is time to close this one.