Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Product Announcements & Manufacturer News
Reload this Page >

XtremeLink™ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

Community
Search
Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

XtremeLink™ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XtremeLink™ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing a new product in the near future that will allow you to upgrade you exiting Futaba, JR, and Hitec radio systems to 2.4GHz.

Our system replaces the existing transmitter RF module and includes a brand new receiver.

This is a professional upgrade, not a park flyer upgrade. Our system offers up to 5 miles of range, no frequency conflicts, the ability to have up to 390,000 people flying at the same time, and gives you the option of having telemetry data.

Information and pictures of the prototype units are on our website.

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xtremelink.php
Old 09-08-2006, 04:24 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Default RE: XtremeLink™ - 2.4GHz for Futaba, JR, and Hitec radios

What will be the cost of this system , looks very interesting.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:38 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I like it, let us know the cost.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:10 PM
ycchu

Checked out the ExtremePower System Web Site.

All their "listed products" (390000 flyers-5 miles bidirectional with video- PCM4096 ..., a 10 KW speed control, buying out a lipo factory in China to produce the best batteries with “cell blasting”technology etc) are too good to be true. Wishful thinking for every RC Modeler. None of the products are available. After all the whole thing may just be a joke.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
zope_pope

I dont think is a joke, but it may cost an arm and a leg. Also, if its based on cordless phone technology, have had instances where my phone would be listening to my neighbors call. Not good in an rc situation. However, if this system does work like they are saying, and none of my concerns are issues, I think it may be worth the money.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:38 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Wow i am glad the inventors of PCM sytems , Multiplex didnt have this attitude.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:31 AM
ycchu

ORIGINAL: zope_pope

I dont think is a joke, but it may cost an arm and a leg. Also, if its based on cordless phone technology, have had instances where my phone would be listening to my neighbors call. Not good in an rc situation. However, if this system does work like they are saying, and none of my concerns are issues, I think it may be worth the money.

It wouldn't cost you an arm or a leg. According to JimDrew "MSRP for the "flight pack" will be $179. This includes your choice of transmitter module (JR, Futaba, or Hitec) and one 8 channel receiver. MSRP for the 8 channel receiver will be $99. MSRP for the 10 channel receiver will be $119, and MSRP for the 16 channel receiver will be $149. MSRP for the telemetry system will be $129. Additional sensors will vary in price, depending on what they are. Considering a good 10 channel PCM receiver is right at $200 street price, this system is quite a bargain, besides having its numerous other advantages". It makes it more dubious - you get a Mercedes-S for the price of a Camry.

It took JR-Spektrum years and probably a few millions to put out the Spektrum 6 - and currently at Parkflyer level only. Can a startup surpass the resources of JR/Futaba/Hitec (which are sizable multiproduct electronic conglomerates) – by a huge margin. Miracle and legend seldom occur in the tech world.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

If you look at the Transmitter and receiver real close you can a wood grain pattern, kind of like they were carved out of balsa, hmmmm.