RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Product Announcements & Manufacturer News (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/product-announcements-manufacturer-news-220/)
-   -   New B-17 Plans now available (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/product-announcements-manufacturer-news-220/1992674-new-b-17-plans-now-available.html)

WingSpan Models 07-15-2004 06:39 AM

New B-17 Plans now available

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce a new set B-17 plans from a new company called WingSpan Models. These plans are the highest quality plans and have features that no other designers offer. What sets these plans apart from the others are features like built-in build tabs and single piece fuselage bulkheads, functional accessories, and are the only B-17 plans engineered in 3D. The other plans are hand drawn or use 2D CAD systems which still depends on the designers ability to loft the ribs correctly. WingSpan Models has a B-17 to fit your needs in three different sizes 1/6th, 1/9th and 1/12th. WingSpan Models will also be offering wood kits for each size and in the near future have fiberglass and clear plastic parts needed to finish each plane. A complete fiberglass fuselage for all three size in also in the works. Here is just a few pages of what well designed plans looks like.

Michael Kramer
WingSpan Models

WingSpan Models 07-15-2004 06:40 AM

RE: New B-17 Plans now available

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one more image of the turret detail page.

Aerotech 07-15-2004 08:12 AM

Hello,

If your interested we can cut laser cut parts for this model. We do many others, Ziroli, Host. Bates.

Thanks
John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com

dionysusbacchus 07-15-2004 12:47 PM

WingSpan Models 07-15-2004 02:36 PM

The plans are for sale now, although I am just getting started on the proto type. As the first set of plans are of the same scale as Don Smith's they share the same locations for the flying surfaces and AOA. Since I am targeting Don's market share it was necessary to benchmarked his plans in order to determine it's strengths and it's many weaknesses. One very major difference is that this plan features a true airfoil section which will give it better flight performance over Don's. His airfoil section does not conform to any known airfoils sections and was copied from the Granger drawings of the B-17. Also this plane was designed using product design engineering practices, in addition to having done analysis on the high stress areas to determine if there are within safe operating parameters. I am very confident that this plane will fly as engineered.

With enough time in this hobby anyone can design a plane, so I can understand your point about selling these plans before the proto type is finish. What make these plans so different from all the others is that they were engineered not just design. And that should show through in the details.

Mike Kramer

shanksow 07-15-2004 03:32 PM

Mike:

Do you have a website set up so that we can track the progress of your prototype in construction/flying? Also, how much are your plans (the Don Smith scale(1/9th?) size since I already have a set of Robart Gears for that model).

William Robison 07-15-2004 09:38 PM

Gentlemen:

Read the rules please. Any questions or comments about a product announcement should be sent to the manufacturer or distributor by PM or email.

Thank you.

Bill.

allr 08-02-2004 02:53 PM

Are you planning any other version of the B-17, assuming that your current project is a G model,? have been looking for either the B or C model to go with my American Eagle B-17G.

mikeB-17guy 09-27-2004 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mkramer

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce a new set B-17 plans from a new company called WingSpan Models. These plans are the highest quality plans and have features that no other designers offer. What sets these plans apart from the others are features like built-in build tabs and single piece fuselage bulkheads, functional accessories, and are the only B-17 plans engineered in 3D. The other plans are hand drawn or use 2D CAD systems which still depends on the designers ability to loft the ribs correctly. WingSpan Models has a B-17 to fit your needs in three different sizes 1/6th, 1/9th and 1/12th. WingSpan Models will also be offering wood kits for each size and in the near future have fiberglass and clear plastic parts needed to finish each plane. A complete fiberglass fuselage for all three size in also in the works. Here is just a few pages of what well designed plans looks like.

Michael Kramer
WingSpan Models

mikeB-17guy 09-27-2004 04:36 PM

HOW DO I GET 1/12 SCALE b-17 PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

wdemon 01-12-2017 11:40 AM

I was just wondering if Wingspan models is still in business?