Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

.46 Profile Aerobatic/3D ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

.46 Profile Aerobatic/3D ARF

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
LarsL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .46 Profile Aerobatic/3D ARF

I am looking for an Aerobatic/3D ARF for a .46 glow engine that I want to find a home for.

I would jump on the Aeroworks 46ProX260 Freestyle but as the directions state and the specifications really dictate, a .55 - .61 is a better engine/airplane combination.

The next option I have looked at is the Mojo 40 which I think would be great, but it is not an ARF. By the way, I love to build and have two kits on the bench as well as a scratch build I'm modifying right now so this time I am desiring an ARF.

I'm going to be in Toledo on the 3rd, so perhaps there will be somthing there I should consider?

Thoughts?...

Lars
Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: .46 Profile Aerobatic/3D ARF

ValueHobby Sabre or EF Chinn Yak. Not sure you will be able to pick one up there. Beware of the cheap Chinese ARF's.

The MoJo and Primo are WAY better for learning on though. Very well worth the build time which they can be framed in about 6 hours.
The LamYak is also a great first profile and an easy build.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:37 AM
rcflip

OMP ProYak or the OMP Edge, stay away from the Chinn Yak unless you want a broken Elevator, I do not think that they are being made anymore either. The Sabre is a good choice.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM
LarsL

Thanks for the input guys. I don't want to set up an arguement, but Thumb, you mention the EF Chinn Yak, and rCflip you say stay away. What is the deal there... I'm guessing some personal experience for you rcflip, but is that also the case with you Thumb?

Thanks,

Lars
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM
JustErik

My two rubles: The CY is very loose and capable, but very fragile. If you are an accomplished 3D pilot and usually end every flight with the engine running and the wheels facing up, it will serve you well. There have been instances of the tails feathers failing, so a little extra beef back there would probably be a good thing.

If you are just learning 3D, or still working through the painful early stages, the Sabre is probably the best ARF option out there. As Mr. Skull said, however, if and when you are able to build, something like the MoJo or LamYak would probably be the best option.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Erik summed it up pretty well.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:37 AM
LarsL

Thanks again for the input. As I mentioned I like to build with both kits and scratch build from plans under my belt, so being able to build is not an issue. The "when" that Erik mentions is the issue as I have three projects on the bench right now, so again that is why I am looking at an ARF. My primary experiences have been scale as well as sail/slope planes, so Erik is also correct in that I am in the early stages of 3D. As such, I will stay away from the EF Chinn Yak.

Lars
Old 03-31-2011, 09:04 AM
flygilmore

The great thing about building your Mojo or Primo is that you will have the experience and knowledge plus extra covering to do any repairs that arise since you are in your early 3D development. You will be shocked and amazed at the abuse these two planes will shrug off without so much as a broken prop half the time!! Once you go Swany everything else seems worthless
Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 AM
JustErik

ORIGINAL: flygilmore

The great thing about building your Mojo or Primo is that you will have the experience and knowledge plus extra covering to do any repairs that arise since you are in your early 3D development. You will be shocked and amazed at the abuse these two planes will shrug off without so much as a broken prop half the time!! Once you go Swany everything else seems worthless

Is this where I get to post a vid of me crashing my MoJo repeatedly????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7AvY2j3rao

Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 AM
kom73

ORIGINAL: flygilmore

+1

Mojo Rocks!!!!