Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Indoor flyer parts

I don't know if this is the proper place to look for help with my particular problem, but I'm going to try. Maybe one of you good folks will send me to the right place. Just started flying in the school gym here in good ole Lone Tree Iowa, bought a Uberlite set by Flyzone at a hobby shop in Iowa City. Mono and biplane set ups with single power unit/landing gear, all held together with "baby" magnets. My 2nd flight involved contact with bleachers and of course everything came apart (like it's supposed to) and no damaged occurred except one of the 4 magnets came out of it's base and can't be found. Best I can tell, magnet is 2mm in diameter and 2mm high and they are pretty powerful. Contact with Hobbico (distributors) indicates I have to buy complete power unit (about $50 I think) just to get the magnet. Needless to say I'm not real happy with Hobbico right now.
    So, here's the questionDoes anyone know where one might find small magnets like this, about the only place I can think of is Radio Shack and I'm going to look there today. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and I will think twice about doing further business with Hobbico.
    Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Indoor flyer parts

Check the internet. You should have no trouble finding a replacement magnet. You may also try searching for "Hatch" magnets.