Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

65" Mojo close to 67" Fusion?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

65" Mojo close to 67" Fusion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 65" Mojo close to 67" Fusion?

Can anybody compare these two? I am on my second 67" Fusion and have no complaints. But once it's gone there are no replacements. Has anyone flown both? Reading the specs on the Mojo 65 it says it has a longer tail moment compared to the Mojo 60. The Fusion will do precision and 3D and that's what I will be looking for when the time comes.

david
Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 65

The Fusion leans more toward pattern and the MoJo65 is a little more 3D.
It would be a good practice pattern bird though as the stick movements are little more noticeable on the MoJo65.
As for competing in pattern, I'd look elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
ThumbSkull

The Fusion leans more toward pattern and the MoJo65 is a little more 3D.
It would be a good practice pattern bird though as the stick movements are little more noticeable on the MoJo65.
As for competing in pattern, I'd look elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
daveopam

Not interested in competing. I just like the way the Fusion flys. I have never flown a Mojo, but many of the profiles I have flown are more like a napkin blowing in the wind. I guess I was hoping the Mojo 65 was more of a hybrid type flyer. Something that excelled at both.

Thanks for the response Thumb, David
Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
ThumbSkull

The Primo 60 has a thinner wing and with low rates does well at holding a line.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
ThumbSkull

I'd also suggest a 3DHS Velox or Aeroworks Pro x260 60-90 size. They are a compromise for 3D and are closer to pattern than most profiles.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had this same thought. Rookie 3D, too old to ever be any good at it, but like trying. I have a DLE20/67" Fusion. Picked it over others because of the longer tail moment. Like it because it seems like it might be a little tamer than others similar to it, as well as the fact that I can fly it wide open (6" pitch prop), without a lot of concern regarding blowing the control surfaces off it?

I have gas powered scale hot rods as well, but like the profile for slowing WAY DOWN, knife edge, random outrageous behavior, etc.

I would have picked the Mojo 65 as a replacement as well - because of it's longer tail moment? So wondering what is there about this airframe that might make it "a little more 3D"?

Thanks for any insight! -Al
Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Is this like:

"She's a little bit country... I'm a little bit rock and roll?"
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
stanordave

I have both. Love both. The Fusion does pinwheels better, hovers better. The Mojo65 spins a touch better and does rolling circles a bit better and slightly better KE. I take the Mojo off and go straight into a ke the length of the runway and hold it a foot off without even thinking about it. Very stable. The Fusion does do the IMAC stuff better and if you want a little of both - get it. The Mojo is better (only slightly) on the 3D side. One place the Mojo excedls at however is strength. I've landed upside down, bottomed out on a loop hard into the ground, cartwheeled it, and did other very abusive things and its still going strong! THe FUsion has requierd 2 new fuselages and 2 wing replacements in its lifespan. Plus I hear the Fusion is being replaced by an improved version (and I hope to be 1st in line! ) real soon.I've also had a Aeroworks Pro x260 60-90 size and either of these fly way better than it can.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 AM
daveopam

Thanks dave ( and all) you have the insight I was looking for. Although it's hard to believe anything would KE better than Fusion. I only have a dozen or so flights on my kit built Fusion. I flew the ARF for several hundred flights. The kit built is a stronger unit so unless i do a dumb thumb i wont have to make this decision today. I like to look forward and be ready when the time comes. i had the Fushion kit for two years before I finished it. I have flown the Pro Yak BTW. It was not my set up or plane so it's hard to say what it's limits are. But i did not really care for it. I have not looked at the Velox or Primo. The Mojo seams to be the plane most often recommended so i was leaning that way.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully I have some time before making this decision, but you never know. My ARF Fusion was flying great until i blew the stab loose on it.

david
Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 AM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at pictures of the Mojo and compare to the Primo. The Primo has a thinner airfoil and pattern lines. The Mojo is supposed to be a more "soft" handling 3D model (due to fat airfoil) and therefore more forgiving. If you like pattern then the Primo is probably more to your liking.