Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

65" Mojo close to 67" Fusion?

Can anybody compare these two? I am on my second 67" Fusion and have no complaints. But once it's gone there are no replacements. Has anyone flown both? Reading the specs on the Mojo 65 it says it has a longer tail moment compared to the Mojo 60. The Fusion will do precision and 3D and that's what I will be looking for when the time comes.

david
    I never want to see a crash. But I don't want to miss one either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 65

The Fusion leans more toward pattern and the MoJo65 is a little more 3D.
    It would be a good practice pattern bird though as the stick movements are little more noticeable on the MoJo65.
    As for competing in pattern, I'd look elsewhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Fusion leans more toward pattern and the MoJo65 is a little more 3D.
    It would be a good practice pattern bird though as the stick movements are little more noticeable on the MoJo65.
    As for competing in pattern, I'd look elsewhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not interested in competing. I just like the way the Fusion flys. I have never flown a Mojo, but many of the profiles I have flown are more like a napkin blowing in the wind. I guess I was hoping the Mojo 65 was more of a hybrid type flyer. Something that excelled at both.

Thanks for the response Thumb, David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Primo 60 has a thinner wing and with low rates does well at holding a line.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd also suggest a 3DHS Velox or Aeroworks Pro x260 60-90 size. They are a compromise for 3D and are closer to pattern than most profiles.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've had this same thought. Rookie 3D, too old to ever be any good at it, but like trying. I have a DLE20/67" Fusion. Picked it over others because of the longer tail moment. Like it because it seems like it might be a little tamer than others similar to it, as well as the fact that I can fly it wide open (6" pitch prop), without a lot of concern regarding blowing the control surfaces off it?

I have gas powered scale hot rods as well, but like the profile for slowing WAY DOWN, knife edge, random outrageous behavior, etc.

I would have picked the Mojo 65 as a replacement as well - because of it's longer tail moment? So wondering what is there about this airframe that might make it "a little more 3D"?

Thanks for any insight! -Al

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is this like:

"She's a little bit country... I'm a little bit rock and roll?"
    Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig. Everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have both. Love both. The Fusion does pinwheels better, hovers better. The Mojo65 spins a touch better and does rolling circles a bit better and slightly better KE. I take the Mojo off and go straight into a ke the length of the runway and hold it a foot off without even thinking about it. Very stable. The Fusion does do the IMAC stuff better and if you want a little of both - get it. The Mojo is better (only slightly) on the 3D side. One place the Mojo excedls at however is strength. I've landed upside down, bottomed out on a loop hard into the ground, cartwheeled it, and did other very abusive things and its still going strong! THe FUsion has requierd 2 new fuselages and 2 wing replacements in its lifespan. Plus I hear the Fusion is being replaced by an improved version (and I hope to be 1st in line! ) real soon.I've also had a Aeroworks Pro x260 60-90 size and either of these fly way better than it can.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks dave ( and all) you have the insight I was looking for. Although it's hard to believe anything would KE better than Fusion. I only have a dozen or so flights on my kit built Fusion. I flew the ARF for several hundred flights. The kit built is a stronger unit so unless i do a dumb thumb i wont have to make this decision today. I like to look forward and be ready when the time comes. i had the Fushion kit for two years before I finished it. I have flown the Pro Yak BTW. It was not my set up or plane so it's hard to say what it's limits are. But i did not really care for it. I have not looked at the Velox or Primo. The Mojo seams to be the plane most often recommended so i was leaning that way.

Thanks again guys. Hopefully I have some time before making this decision, but you never know. My ARF Fusion was flying great until i blew the stab loose on it.

david

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Look at pictures of the Mojo and compare to the Primo. The Primo has a thinner airfoil and pattern lines. The Mojo is supposed to be a more "soft" handling 3D model (due to fat airfoil) and therefore more forgiving. If you like pattern then the Primo is probably more to your liking.