Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 03:07 PM
tailspnr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

ORIGINAL: XtremeAerosport-RCU

Guys,

I have a Morris Mustang Profile too that I may just finish up. Spinner, how'd ya like to put a cool Budweiser scheme on it for me? I'll buy the covering and motivation (Bud's).

Jon
I'll be glad to help you with the Budweiser scheme...especially for free beer. But please dont tell me you want me to cover the whole plane. Your gonna ruin this pitty thing that Ive trying to get going here. Not to mention that it took me 2 days to cover the last profile. But hey......I think I recall you having a TC in the bones at that last swap meet that you held. Does my memory serve me correct...or were those Sud's? Because if so Im sure we can work something out.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:49 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Jeff,

Count myself and John in from OMP. We'll be there to support you anyway we can. Plus you know Louisville is my home town so gives me a good excuse to go home! We're in for a good relaxing "hanging around" at the field and with the Pro Bros.

Mike Pilkenton
Old 09-26-2003, 01:46 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

We are 9 months away and the sponsor list is:
Extreme flight RC
HSRCM
Ohio Model planes
Kwik Fix adhesives
My own Carbon fiber gear (of course)
By next June this list should be pretty good. My hope is to have everyone go home with something other than a pocket full of useless raffle tickets, but we will have a raffle. Many thanks to these fine sponsors so early in the game. Jeff W.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Jeff,

Lets add Extreme Aerosports to the sponsor list. I'll supply a few "Profile Visualization Models" and a copuple of my airplane restraint systems.

I'll come up with a few new PVM's to represent the current fleet of Profile Fun-Fly planes.

Take care,

Jon
Old 09-26-2003, 03:18 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

I'll donate a Burrito Kit.....
Old 09-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Hubb

Jeff,

I would love to participate in this!! count me in, I just may have to sacrifice a contest

I think you should use the 4 minute freestyle format and criteria used in IMAC. the parameters and guidlines are already set, and just about anybody could judge. but some of the other suggetsions are interesting. I see this as being more of a fun event than an all out competition (right?) how about this as a suggestion - why not have the contest within the fly-in? showcase the ten or so contestants at a noon-time break for a round or two each day (Sat, Sun), hmm... we could get 2 rounds a day and have one throw out and use the IMAC scoring program to make it easy, then have the open flying for the rest of the time??

just my thoughts. I would volunteer to help if you needed and of course we should just volunteer Toby weather he likes it or not

Hubb
Old 09-26-2003, 06:25 PM
tailspnr

Jeff, most of the Bro's that Ive talked to dont care for the contest idea. I think maybe you should post a poll to decide. I hate to see a bunch of Bro's not show up because they thought too much time would be spent with the contest. It doesnt matter to me as long it doesnt take up too much time. I think if anyhing it should be a not so serious event that is kept very brief. But thats just my opinion.

You know where I live so either way I'll be there!

Scott
Old 09-26-2003, 07:55 PM
JWilliams

Thanks to those additional sponsors, we are gonna give some great stuff away. I will keep working to get even more goodies.
As far as my own personal input, I like the simple, keep it short program for the freestyle. But I am in favor of doing a quick freestyle for anyone interested. Nothing is set in stone and I appreciate all the input. Jeff W.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:44 AM
TailTwister

My wife says she thinks it is a good idea, so pencil in one pilot from the Great White North.

I agree, simple is best. As long as the day is about the flyin' and not the winnin' I'm in!

I'd like at least an informal "tough-man" fly off at the end, however.

Are we going profile only planes for sure?
Old 10-04-2003, 11:50 AM
lomcevek1

I would love the chance to well for one meet some of the bros and also to go toe to toe with a few. I am down with a short free-flyoff.

As mentioned earlier I think we should try to come up with something for the ladies to do and get them involved. You know cook clean and such

OK OK before I get beat down I was just kidding (She's punching my shoulder right now)

I am having a hard time choosing which event to go to I get to choose one if this one gets any bigger it won't be much of a choice at all.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:10 PM
JWilliams

There is a gambling boat just a few miles farther donw the road from the field. I think that will be something for the ladies to do. Also, there are malls within 25 minutes if they carpool. Bring the women, I will make sure they are not bored at the field. Jeff W.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:25 AM
lomcevek1

Default RE: Profile Brotherhood fly in <span class=

Well well well

It is looking better and better that I will be going to the louisville fly-in as opposed to Houston. In exchange for this freedom I will be letting my wife go to Seattle for a quilting weekend. Fair trade I think.

More will follow as we go.

I am not all that keen on borrowing a plane so is anyone willing to build an OMP edge or a sledge for that weekend?? I will order a kit, engine and electronics, and bring my own transmitter. If the airplane survives the weekend then the builder can keep it and I will take the engine and electronics. (Don't let gator cover it ot I will be forced to not fly it, take it with me, put it in a bullet proof glass container and shoot the first person that touches it !!!!)

This is a highly fluid plan so it is subject to change.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:37 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: lomcevek1
(Don't let gator cover it ot I will be forced to not fly it, take it with me, put it in a bullet proof glass container and shoot the first person that touches it !!!!)

This is a highly fluid plan so it is subject to change.
AWWWHH SCHUCKS....I was gonna put one of them japanese SLEDGE cover jobs on it
Old 10-30-2003, 08:28 PM
JWilliams

Gator, nice avatar knife edge. Lomcevek, do not worry about flying someone elses plane, you can fly mine. I will have 2 or 3 sledges there with plenty of battery life. You can fly them, crash them it does not matter. We are there to have fun and if you come all that way I promise you something to fly and a special prize will go to the person who traveled the farthest. I hope to have the biggest pro bro yet. The sponsors and prizes are just rolling in so there will be plenty free stuff. I guarantee everyone who shows will go home with something for their $10 two day cover charge. Most will leave with more that $10 worth of prizes.
I have not set any events except to have fun. Might do a small quick freestyle Sunday afternoon, and I will have a PA music system playing for improved effect. I am proposing a defined section of the field for nothing but hovering so that we can hover side by side. There is plenty of room.
How would you guys feel about letting vendors at the field to sale goodies.
Jeff W.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:07 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

I like to see Vendors at the field! I usually need spare parts!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:41 AM
blue ice

I'm getting closer to becoming a Pro Bro member. My Sledge wing,fuse,and rudder assemblies are framed up. Just need to put the ailerons and elevator- tail(hinthint)together and do a little fitting. I am looking forward to meeting and thanking a lot of you guys. This sounds like a perfect place. Are you all going to be wearing little name tags with your screen names on em? Most you guys sound a little on the crazy side. Is it going to be safe there or do I need to bring my hardhat?.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:11 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

One thing about the Bros...every one is "distinctive" looking...there are usually nametags to help new comers recognize us, but once you meet these guys you will NEVER forget what they look like!

Of course that is if we are just hanging out. If we have our ProBro Issue Scott "QuiQue" Kimball masks on, we look like this

Old 11-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Hacker

ORIGINAL: JWilliams

How would you guys feel about letting vendors at the field to sale goodies.
Jeff W.
can one of the vendors be the BUDWISER truck?
Old 11-12-2003, 09:39 PM
lomcevek1

Or the budweiser girls??