Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 10:00 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

At last nights club meeting I motioned for a profile/fly in/fun fly at our field next June 12-13, 2004. It was passed and it is on for that weekend. I am planning the biggest one yet, lots of prizes, fun, food and best of all, I want to have the first profile freestyle with judging and prizes in first thru third place. I was thinking Sunday after lunch lets get about 10 or so really good profile fliers to compete in a 3 or 4 minute all out freestyle flgith. Best flight wins, next best gets second and so on. Tell me what you guys think. As most of you know I live in Southern Indiana just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY. So it is a very central location, lots of hotels and a gambling boat for the wives just 5 miles from the field. Might even organize a shopping/mall trip for the significant others, sorry no childcare. Anyway lets hash it out the next couple weeks/months and get a plan that most all can live with and do it in Louisville next June. Jeff Williams
Old 09-17-2003, 10:04 PM
JRozman-delete
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Profile Brotherhood fly in next summer

Count me in.

Jess
Old 09-17-2003, 10:30 PM
flyboone
My Feedback: (3)

Works for me.

Jason
Old 09-18-2003, 12:33 AM
lomcevek1

I get one chance to go to the lower 48 next year and this one sounds like it will be good. I like the idea of a profile fly-off. I am curious to see how I would place
Old 09-18-2003, 12:57 AM
matlok

ORIGINAL: JWilliams
I want to have the first profile freestyle with judging and prizes in first thru third place.
Can Jess and Gary have their own class? lol

Great idea though - I'm in!
Old 09-18-2003, 07:40 AM
tailspnr
My Feedback: (1)

Jeff, that sounds great to me. Isnt that the weekend after the Internet fly-in? Do you think we will have reduced participation at both events being so close?
Old 09-18-2003, 08:53 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

I wanna come... but the Internet flyin is a week before... same as this year.... Internet fly in dates are: June 5-6th, 2004...
Old 09-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Kevins_RC

I agree, except I need a few others added to that list if I am going to place in anything! <LOL>
Kevin
Old 09-18-2003, 11:01 AM
JWilliams

The iternet flyin is just the weekend prior. Maybe it is bad timing. I do admit the internet fly in was good. Did I mention our field has no asphalt!!! Something to remember.
I am not getting to positive reaction to a 10 best fly off, it was just a suggeston to open the door for discussion anyway, not set in concrete. Might be nice to see something a little different but I will take all feedback, affirmation, criticism or whatever for this thing to make it something everyone wants to attend. Jeff W.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:11 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Ooh....Oooh... no asphalt.... no asphalt!! Did I mention I hate asphalt?

I'm there duuuuude!!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Hacker

Jeff we are in for sure.....BUT....you gotta have a "tree catch" for Kevin and me only.
(prizes tru 2ond )
i like the idea of a free style event...judging sux...how about crowd vote....each registered pro bro gets a slip,we write in our pick....count em out after last contestant. would hate to see this turn "pattern like"....way too much fun now
just my 02
Old 09-18-2003, 11:26 AM
tailspnr

Jeff, you know Im all for a Pro-Bro in my own backyard. And I definately want as large a participation as possible as well. I mean we have a tall order to out do the latest Nashville event. But I do hate to see either one of these events lessened because people simply cant attend both. But as far as myself, I'll be working at our local Cruisade for Childeren Airshow here in Louisville the weekend of the Internet fly-in anyway.

Jeff's field is really nice....and did he mention....no asphalt?
Old 09-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Hacker

i almost forgot...how an i going to annoy kevin if i cant drag my wire skid on asphalt ?
ah, guess i will just have to figure out something else(not too hard for me)
Old 09-18-2003, 11:59 AM
tailspnr

Hacker.....you never told me what you won at the Pro-Bro.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Kevins_RC

ORIGINAL: Hacker

Jeff we are in for sure.....BUT....you gotta have a "tree catch" for Kevin and me only.
(prizes tru 2ond )
i like the idea of a free style event...judging sux...how about crowd vote....each registered pro bro gets a slip,we write in our pick....count em out after last contestant. would hate to see this turn "pattern like"....way too much fun now
just my 02

I'm with Hacker - Oh Yeah! - I hate asphalt too!!! It really tore up my Aeron, but I needed to build a new one anyways <GRIN>

I'm there - Jeff I will gladly support it!

Kevin
Old 09-18-2003, 07:50 PM
YNOT

I'm in on the free. So, do I have to fly a profile? I would prefer to fly one of my planes, yall know the type.

Judging?

I too would like to see some type of contest, of sorts. However how do you judge it? Do you break it into classes? Is there music allowed?

Here are my thoughts:

No classes. Open to everyone.

Judging: You could have a panel, not like a pattern contest. You can't, IMO, judge 3D the same way as pattern or IMAC.

The idea of giving ballots to several, like 20+, people is a good idea and let the crowd judge it. The problem with that is, the guy who flew last would be at the advantage, the crowd remebers that flight most.

It can be judged like a X-Game BMX or skate contest? In these contest, they have a pannel of 5 judges. One looks at the technical aspect, the artistic, the WOW factor, the flow and the use of the area. Each judges uses a 1-10 scale and the score is averaged. This would be complicated however it may work.

4 minutes is good if there is music used and you are using the music to time out things. However I would say, lets do 2 minutes of hard care do anything and anything goes. With no music, only the wow of the crowd to cheer you on.

Or it could be done like a surfing contest. A few pilots take off, 4 or 5 max, and you compete for the attention of the judges. This is a timed event, maybe 5 minutes. At the end of the time, the judges make their decision of the best one or two flights and they go on to the next round. 3 rounds determine the winner.

I have been racking my brain for a couple of years about a fair way to do this. I do not like the required moves like in the XFC or XAC. Who can really judge who does the best blender, is there such a thing as the perfect blender? In 3D, its all about the WOW factor and that is what should determine the winner.

I understand that the best part of the Pro Bro is the laidback way of doing things, I luv that too. However, we are going in new directions here. I would like to find a formula for events like this. I like the idea. We could start a whole new type of event that spawns more events and we gain more members.

3D is new, sorta, we need to look in new directions.

I'm in and I want to help develop a contest.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:34 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Dude, if you're gonna compete, you gonna have to break on down and get you a real plane..A profile!!

I don't care much about competing, but you could have the competition at one end of the field and us schlubs could still fly at the other end.. Just sayin'
Old 09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Vref

I'm there...I love the idea of a contest. I like the idea of a 2 or 3 minute, throw in everything in your bag of tricks. I know I won't be flyin' in it, but I'd sure like to judge. I think you gotta keep it short or it will drag on all afternoon. We like to watch, but we're comming to fly.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:44 PM
JRozman-delete

YNOT, why don't you start the "Fuselage Brotherhood".

You could be Fuse Bro #1.

It isn't called the PROFILE BROTHERHOOD for nothing.[:@]

Jess
Old 09-18-2003, 09:02 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehehe, YNOT maybe it should be the Full-Figured Brotherhood......... hmmmmmmm Dedicated to those who love full figured beauties... Ok maybe not.....[]
Old 09-18-2003, 09:06 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Jeff,

Is your date set in stone? Its going to be hard for me to make the I-Net and this event with back to back weekends..

Just my .02
Old 09-19-2003, 09:18 AM
JWilliams

Wayne, I really do not see a problem with those dates. So you go to the inet fly in, stay at my house thru the week and then go to mine that following weekend, what is the problem? Ok, back to reality, those dates are pretty hard, I am sorry to say. Sounds like you guys are reversing and now want a little competition. I definitely want it kept short so guys can fly and not watch. We will figure out something that works, keep the input coming and we can get something. Jeff W.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Jeff,

I'm in and available for help if you need me. I have a real Profile now (Top Cap ARF). Gonna get away from the Magic.

Anyway, as soon as I get the cast off my arm, and the TC built, I'm gonna be burning fuel. I'll not get as good as some of you guys but hey, I'm in this hobby for the chicks!

Later!

Jon
Old 09-22-2003, 07:27 AM
tailspnr

Well Jeff it looks like we'll have 2 more local Profile Brothers for our event next year. Now that Jon Ott and Nobody are joining the ranks of the Pro-Bro's I might just get a little profile action going on at the field. And thats exactly what I need........a couple of good pilots out there pushing me to get better.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Guys,

I have a Morris Mustang Profile too that I may just finish up. Spinner, how'd ya like to put a cool Budweiser scheme on it for me? I'll buy the covering and motivation (Bud's).

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.