Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AeroWorks ProX260 .60-.90 electric conversion

I have a Prox and I'm thinking about converting it to electric, but I'm getting alittle lost. I wanna do this cheap, I don't need the plane and I decided to just give it a try. I'm and electrical designer by trade and I understand dc motors, but I could use alittle help deciding on a cheap setup for 3d fun.

I found a Turnigy G110 Brushless Outrunner 210kv for a decent price, any thoughts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Have you no shame?

to details - you need 250w input power per plane pound for 3d. The prox260 is supposed to weigh 7lb all up... That translates to 2000w (I am giving here a 'freebie' 250w for fudge factor).

You should be ok with a 5065-270 motor (which gives you another 200w fudge factor). SK3 5065 from HK are ok motors and good for the money. Not great, but ok... You will need a 6S battery for it. Probably something like an 80A esc...

m