Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

32sx options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Quickie
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32sx options?

Hey guys I'm looking for some airframes for a new 32sx I acquired. I got the motor for a SWEET deal from a friend and he threw in a dazzler which has been framed up. But I'm wondering what other planes are out there that are suited for this motor? I like my planes to at LEAST hang on the prop if not pull out but I've never seen one of these run so I'm not sure what I'm dealing with yet.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:58 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Default 32sx options?

I've just gotten my Magic flying this past week with a 32sx. On an APC 10-3 it will pull out of hover no problem. I also have a 32sx on an old Sig Kobra with a pylon prop. Very fast for a sport plane plus flies like a pattern plane after a bit of programming to correct adverse roll with rudder. I also fly a coro disk plane with a 32 that is blast to fly as well. If I could find another kit I'd love to have a Flite Line Slooter II. They were originally 40 size planes but they are far better with a 32. I built many of them back in the late 70's early 80's. There's also quite a few fun fly competition type planes that are built for 32's.
good luck,,,basmntdweller
Old 06-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default Airframes for 32SX

You can consider the Menance or the Aeron. Either one will fly great with a 32SX.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:52 AM
elvis-RCU

Default 32sx options?

put it on a outlaw very fast great roll rate very aerobatic
Old 06-23-2002, 03:39 PM
PilotFrog

Default Scooter II

Hey Dweller,
You can still get the Flite Line Scooter II from Lone Star Balsa for around $30 plus postage. These things can be a blast but are no substitute for a lignt, more modern fun fly design. Heck, go with a Magic if you want something to assemble fast that will fly great with a .32sx
PilotFrog
Old 06-23-2002, 03:56 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Default 32sx options?

Lone Star still lists them but haven't had any available for years. They keep saying they are going to start making them again but I'm still waiting! The Skooter isn't a funfly type but it is a great knock around sport plane and I have loved them since I built my first many years ago.
I agree on the Magic, I just did first flight on mine tuesday. It weighed in at 3lb 9 oz with standard radio gear. If the servo cutouts weren't so big I'd have used my Hitec 225's and a lighter battery pack. That would have saved about 3 oz. It flies very similar to my wasp with an OS 45.
Later,,,basmntdweller
Old 06-23-2002, 08:17 PM
ramcharger

Default Sig Fazer

Try a Sig Fazor. We had 3 or 4 OS 32 SX powered Fazors at our club at one time, however 2 or 3 of the SX's had Ultra Thrust mufflers which makes for a expensive engine combo. The combo was a very good fit and quite fun to watch fly.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Quickie
My Feedback: (4)

Default 32sx options?

Thanks guys for all the responses. I've been eyeing the magic for some time.. maybe now is the time to get one? Also who makes that Menace and where can I find info on ultrathrust mufflers, I've been considering the Jett standard mufflers but I've heard so much stuff about them falling apart in flight I'm kinda rethinking that.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:55 AM
funflysteve
My Feedback: (2)

Default 32sx options?

If you go with the menace i would suggest going with a MAC tuned pipe and header combo(the muffled not the quiet pipe) and you will be extremely happy with what you have. The OS 32SX is a great motor in the menace and the menace is much more manuverable than the magic if that is what you are lookin for. I have had a menace with a 32 OS in it for about 3 years now and it is a blast to play with. The 32 also has plenty of power for hovering with the mac pipe riggin and is very reliable.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:10 PM
PilotFrog

Default .32sx mufflers

A good reasonably priced tuned muffler for fun fly work can be had from the Diamond Dust people which works well on the .32sx. Also you can get good performance with a mouse can muffler built around a $20 Macs header. The P.S. tuned muffler is expensive and you will have close to $200 in the muffler/engine combo. A TT .36 and mouse can mufffler is under $90 and this is almost as potent as the .32sx combo.
PilotFrog
Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 PM
belleone71

Do you know anything about a fuselage "build-out" on the Sig Fazor?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
lensfriend
My Feedback: (3)

As far as the fuselage build for the Fazor you must strengthen the fuselage or it will fail right at the back edge of the wing cut out. The lite ply does not go back far enough.