Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

E3D Rocks !

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Foamguy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E3D Rocks !

Hi all and Hi GW3D !

Just got in from flying the magnificent electric E3D, courtesy of RC_Eflyer aka Paul Susbauer. What a fantastic plane. Very nice ! Fully 3D capable... my kinda plane. Has a very light feeling on the sticks. I may have to order one of these soon and try some electric flying...thanks to GW for a fantastic design.

Foamguy
Old 07-08-2002, 01:24 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E3D Rocks !

Pics? Info on it?

How much power to hover it?
Old 07-08-2002, 02:13 AM
DonH21
My Feedback: (3)

Default E3D Rocks !

Wayne here's Garys web page.

http://www.gwmp.net/tools/default.htm

Yes, it is a great design! Go with the Hacker brushless it'll give you the best performance.

There is also a building page on the E3d check it out on Garys web.

Don
Old 07-08-2002, 10:32 PM
Foamguy

Default E3D Rocks !

Wgeffon And All,

I know you have a lot of FF experience. I don't have any pics.... but read above posts for GW3D's site info... or email [email protected]
I know Paul has some of his... he's had it several months now, but due to lifes inconsistancies and our own schedules he and I havent been able to fly together in awhile. Yesterday, I finally got to fly it... and it's GOOD. In my mind.... at least as good as any Morris for 3D stuff. All in a clean 3lb package. I'm going to order one from GW3D and try some electric. I had no trouble doing all the stuff I know how to do. All with no slime to wipe off. I've flown practically everything except for the HSCRM models... and this one is at least as good as anything I've bought or came up with on my own.

foamguy
Old 07-09-2002, 11:49 AM
gwright

Default E3D Rocks !

Thanks for the kind comments. By the way, its "GWMP" (gary wright model products) not "GW3D" . The hacker C40 with a 14X7 at 4.6 ratio and 10 3000's is giving me from 8 to 12 minutes of flight time, which is a bit more than the endoplasma. However, for those wanting good performance and low bucks, it will perform well on the endo with the recommended 12X8,.. but a bit more difficult to hover, as hover occurs at about 85~90 percent throttle, whereas it's about 50% power with the hacker to hover. However, if you wanna save some bucks initially (before you get addicted to e-flight and buy the hacker), use the endo, but use CP1700 batteries. Flight times will be down to 5~6 minutes, but it will hover nicely since it'll be 1/4 lb lighter. another option I've been testing recently is a higher ratio gearbox from england (ripmax, 5.5 ratio inline box). With the endo you can run a 14X7 with that ratio, hover at about 60%~65% throttle even with the heavier packs. pitch speed is down 6 or 8 mph, but you never fly this type plane at more than 1/2 speed anyway so it's not an issue.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Foamguy

Default E3D Rocks !

Oops,

Thanks for the correction Gary. Thanks for the tips on motor/prop/gearboxes too. I am probably gonna just let RC_Eflyer walk me through this one... as its gonna be my first electric experience. I think he has the higher performance setup and not the endo... but I cant believe how well it flew. I've designed many funfly planes... and flown most of the others, and this is better than I could ever come up with. I could win contests with that plane. Very light feeling, low inertia.... I loved it.

foamguy