Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Sledge won't fly level

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Sledge won't fly level

Old 06-26-2004, 01:13 AM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sledge won't fly level

Hey guys, just flew my new Sledge that Morris built for me today for the first time. Couldn't get it to fly level hands off. Few clicks of up and it went verticle. Didn't try inverted cause I was to nervous. CG is 4 5/16 from leading edge. Elevator seemed real sensitive. Any suggestions?
Old 06-26-2004, 01:23 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Sledge won't fly level

Hmm. What servo are you using? You know my buddy has an OMP Edge 540, and was using a Hitec and everytime he flew it the elevator trim would be off ONLY when he flew. On the ground you couldn't tell unless you checked everytime. His first flight resulted in loops! However, he swapped a new Hitec and all is good. I think the old one has had better days, being in a few planes before the profile.

Could very well be C of G, and sounds like it. When an elevator is sensitive, that tells me its tailheavy.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Mikerjf

Might have the clevis in too far. High rates should get you 45 degrees or so and not stall the servo. If its in too far one click of trim is a fairly big change. Mine starts climbing inverted when the cg's around 4 1/2.

Mike
Old 06-26-2004, 01:24 PM
3Dreaming
My Feedback: (1)

If the pull pulls are to tight it will not center correctly either.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:35 PM
JWilliams

Set up is wrong somewhere, it is that simple. CG is where I would start, I have never measured it but I shoot for right behind the secondary spar at the fuselage. Try getting it near that and then let us know, we will go to step two from there.
Jeff Williams
Old 06-27-2004, 05:26 PM
SBR_RV

i really reaknon its your CG.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:44 PM
blue ice

Hey guys, I found a goofy acting s9202 servo on the elevator. Changed it today with a standard bb that I had at home. Elevator does not seem to center properly. Tried adjusting cable, and changing servos again. Still doesnt return to center when I give it full deflection down. I tried the cables looser and tighter. Did not have this problem on my Top Cap. What am I doing wrong?