Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Morris Topcap radio set-up

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Morris Topcap radio set-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morris Topcap radio set-up

Alright, I finally got my new battery for my topcap and got the hatch all back together again. Still need to really break in the Saito but it should be okay.

I only have 26 flights on it from 1 week of flying it but I want to see what other flying this plane have set-up.

C of G?
Expo on all surfaces
Are you using maximum throw?
Spoilerons
Rudder to elevator mixing for coupling?

Any information would be appreciated.

Steven
Old 08-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: Morris Topcap radio set-up

Flew mine for quite a while until I dorked it this spring. Fun plane, but I did have a lot of coupling in KE.

I flew mine with the CG about 1/2" behind the spar.

I was down to almost no Expo on anything. I feel it reduces control feel too much when there is a lot of Expo.

I flew almost at Maximum throw all the time. This is what brought on the demise of the plane - I tried to stretch a glide, but with 3D rates I put myself into a beautiful spin and augured it in. Funny now, but not then

Didn't use Spoilerons.

I ended up with about 12 to 15% elevator with rudder application because of coupling. It helped some, but the coupling has different amounts with different rudder applications so I was always fighting the coupling a bit, but the mixing helped some.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Old 08-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

ORIGINAL: Goinstraightup

Flew mine for quite a while until I dorked it this spring. Fun plane, but I did have a lot of coupling in KE.
That's interesting. The 2 I've flown had the best KE I've ever seen, bar none. Bill's and Dave McDDD's were SO easy to KE, I wonder what the difference is?
Old 08-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Mine knife edges good, but does have some coupling. I think it has a lot to do with the set-up. I want to try spoilerons but with the 9CAP I am having trouble trying to get both ailerons to do it. I can get spoilerons on, then when I do, I cant get them off! I had to completely erase all my settings and start all over. I am using a 6 channel Hitec Electron 6 which is maxed out. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2004, 12:50 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Try dropping or raising the flapperons a tad...then re-trimming. This usually helps me.