Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Where the heck is the MoJo

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Where the heck is the MoJo

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the heck is the MoJo

Is it me, or did the thread disapear on Pauls newest wonder plane?
Old 08-24-2004, 07:01 PM
PAR

Default RE: Where the heck is the MoJo

Nice to know I'm not the only one that can't find it.

Maybe the moderator pulled it because everyone wanted to be on the list for kits and planes.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
777M8

Well he wasnt advertising! And the page was getting bigger with lots of hits... Maybe it was because Constricter was mentioned...[X(]
Old 08-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bizzaro Bill
Maybe it was because Constricter was mentioned...[X(]
HaHaHa I should-a seen that one coming!! LOL
Old 08-24-2004, 07:26 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Marc pulled it cause he felt it was potentially commercial. I assured him that this is only a prototype and I don't have any plans to kit it. I'm just a small time guy doing a little work in my garage to help out the bro's. Hopefully he'll restore the thread.

I hope no one complained. I'd feel really bad if someone complained and didn't have the courtesy to notify me first.

I guess that's what I get for being a nice guy...
Old 08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
777M8

I did a search in the HELP for how *itch and complain but I am haveing a hard time getting a good link... Tell him to put it back on and I will remove my name from the I WANT A KIT LIST...
Old 08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
PaulSwany

You can send a PM to RCAdmin if you have any comments you'd like to share.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Burrito Bandito

Something smells............
Old 08-24-2004, 07:51 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

I think that's bu!!$h!t. Potentially commercial, give me a break. I thought it was a prototype construction thread. Reps for other manufacturers do build threads all the time, the fact that your kits are so popular that guys were clamoring to buy a kit was no fault of yours. You never said, "Hey, I'm selling these for $XX, place your orders now!". You were just building a friggin' plane, looking for comments from other modelers.

Man, I better stop now before I post what I REALLY think about this.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:18 PM
PAR

I hereby want to appologize if my desire to be on the "I WANT A KIT LIST " had anything to do with the demise of this thread. I saw no commercial implications , only a bunch of indivduals expressing excitement over a new design by desiring to own one.

This is like a movie where the film breaks before the good part, and your asked to leave.

Paul, Maybe your can post pics when its done under a my new profile thread.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Stanoo

Ya that looked like a great plane what happened here?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:42 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Why is it some ppl can sell their stuff here and other just mention they are building a plane FOR THEMSELF an it gets jerked? Hmmmmmmm
Old 08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what I wrote to paul. He has a long history of prototyping planes here on RCU which he then sells for profit with his business. He has not disclosed the exact figures of what "small time" means but that could mean a few hundred planes a year or thousands. At 50 bucks a plane a thousand planes is 50 grand. 2000 planes sold is 100 grand. What is small time? Guess it is relative. Again I don't know how many he sells but the commercial rules apply to everyone since we dont have a way to audit businesses nor do we want to.

Here is a copy of my note to paul.

-

Paul,

Hi. Yes I do understand you are a "small time" seller but nonetheless there are no qualifiers we have for size of operation. We don't have a revenue cutoff number so if you do a few thousand per year or more in revenue and you profit from it that is basically as commercial as anyone else doing it for greater dollar amounts. You are not kitting projects and selling them at cost but for personal financial gain.

To be fair to the paying advertisers on RCU we have some clearly written commercial posting policies. A link is below along with an excerpt of the appropriate paragraphs. You clearly fall into this so must abide by the rule like other members and advertisers.

-----------
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RCU_..._377662/tm.htm

POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS:
This is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another member's question about their occupation or business, however, If you are a rep, manufacturer, distributor or retailer for any product you cannot solicit, offer, promote, or market this product in the discussion forums. Offering support or technical answers for the item being discussed is permitted based on the criteria listed above. Please seek out the advertising information RCU has available to promote your products.

Should there be a new product announcement please use the Product Announcement and Manufacturer News Forum provided, or seek out information for advertising with RCU. This forum is not to be used for advertisement purposes, strictly announcements and news.
-----------

I won't disagree with you that the forum is great for prototyping design and feedback but at the same time those very threads are an enormous advertisement in the form of "look whats coming". If somebody posts a direct question about one of your designs you can answer it but cannot start threads regarding your products or future products. You can also not post in threads that ask generic questions like "what is a good profile in xxx range". By responding to a thread like that you are in essence promoting your business. Whether big time or small time is only relative but it is a commercial for profit business as I know you would agree.

If the MoJo will never be sold by you then the thread is fine but if its destiny is a for profit product that will be sold it is not allowed. If you want to promote product we have our keyword program or banner advertising. Keywords are very inexpensive as users pay only when they click to your site and bids start as low as a nickel. I know RCU forums have created many sales and advertising equivalent for you at no cost but this is unfair to paying advertisers who have complained and rightfully so. We have written the rule a long time ago and so far it has served the members and advertisers plus the site well.

I hope you understand and are not upset. We value your patronage here at RCU. I don't know of any legitimate and fair solution to prototyping future commercial products on RCU but I am open to creative suggestions if you have any.

Marc
Old 08-24-2004, 09:14 PM
777M8

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

-----------

POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS:
This is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another member's question about their occupation or business, however, If you are a rep, manufacturer, distributor or retailer for any product you cannot solicit, offer, promote, or market this product in the discussion forums. Offering support or technical answers for the item being discussed is permitted based on the criteria listed above. Please seek out the advertising information RCU has available to promote your products.

Should there be a new product announcement please use the Product Announcement and Manufacturer News Forum provided, or seek out information for advertising with RCU. This forum is not to be used for advertisement purposes, strictly announcements and news.
-----------

If somebody posts a direct question about one of your designs you can answer it but cannot start threads regarding your products or future products.
I hope you understand and are not upset. We value your patronage here at RCU. I don't know of any legitimate and fair solution to prototyping future commercial products on RCU but I am open to creative suggestions if you have any.

Marc
I thought my thread fell within your guidlines... Was I wrong?? I was using the policies as they were written...
Old 08-24-2004, 09:14 PM
PaulSwany

I understand your position.
I'm just not in this for the money... I could make a lot more programming if that's what I wanted. What's wrong with doing a prototype here anyway? I don't see the conflict? I'm guessing that since I don't take out banner adds with RCU then I'm not eligible to post info on my new designs?

RCU is about RC content.. I've provided a lot of content here and I'm grateful that RCU is here to provide the means to share it...

I do this for the love of the hobby and I love to see Bro's flying my birds.... If I go commercial then I see your point and I would send my kits out for others to review... But I'm just a small time guy trying to help out my bros with some designs that will prove out....

Just to be up front here, Please share with us the price schedule for advertising here on RCU so that we can all be clear on this.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:19 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bizzaro Bill

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

-----------

POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS:

-----------

If somebody posts a direct question about one of your designs you can answer it but cannot start threads regarding your products or future products.

Marc
I thought my thread fell within your guidlines... Was I wrong?? I was using the policies as they were written...

You did what is known as a "shill" post if you must know. Read all our rules and guidelines.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:26 PM
mvigod
Banned

Paul,

Like you I also love the hobby. Am I in it for the money or the hobby? Well I guess my answer is the same as whatever yours is to that question since we both spend our time which could be better spent to make more elsewhere but instead we spend it here. I make money here and you make money selling kits. I think your a great guy, have great designs, have no personal issue with you but do have a site to run and must have everyone follow the same rules. Without them RCU would not be here today.

Guarantee me that this plane won't be sold for profit or a "clone" of it under a different name and the thread is fine. Alternately if you can show me that the selling price of this product matches your cost on the materials (labor is not a cost..that is a labor of love in non-profit) then it is for the "good of the hobby and your bros". If such is the case then the thread is fine. If not then you are selling these to make money which makes you a for profit entity which by definition is commercial.

I do want any and all RC ventures to be successful and that is what RCU is here to help. We help many modelers and businesses achieve their goals but quite honestly if I let you advertise and promote for free why would anybody pay to advertise here on RC Universe? What would stop our forums from being flooded with 100's of posts per day with all vendors trying to one up each other? Nothing. It just doesn't work that way. Without our rules RCU would not be here today, would not improve, would not be fast and then nobody would be able to post at all. Other sites have similar commercial policies just like RCU. Do you really think you can advertise for free in all RC forums and then the balance with the advertisers and content would be preserved?