Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Name this plane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Steve S. Helland
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Name this plane!!!

Can someone please help me? I would like to know who made this? It says "made in China" up inside the engine beams. "QC passed" on opposite engine beam inside. Wingspan 43 1/4" . Length 37". I know by the shape that it is a GeeBee R-1. The big reason I need to know who made it is because an instruction manual would be helpful. I can "wing it" but where to mount the receiver and battery according to the designer would be nice. I pre-fitted the servos and standard size fits across the openings. I hope a strong .46 is OK. Otherwise I have an old >46 AX laying around. I want to mount in a TT Pro w/tuned pipe. Is this even a .46 sized plane? Maybe it is a .30 or .25? I have never seen one of these with the wire gear...

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GeeBee1.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	405.7 KB
ID:	2110368   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeeBee2.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	2110369  
Old 07-21-2015, 06:22 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a 46 would be about right, just place the rx and batterys inside the wing on the off-side of the tank. Most of these little profiles are simple and mostly about the same. On most of these the Manual is just about useless in my experience.

Go for it, as long as it balances you will be fine!