Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

accel hobbies PITTS PROFILE!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

accel hobbies PITTS PROFILE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:02 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: accel hobbies PITTS PROFILE!

If you get a good right aileron roll first, the plane will be more stable entering the Tornado. When I was just snapping into the maneuver, it was less stable in the first part of the maneuver, and I was afraid of being too low to start off. It kinda wobbled around in the rotation. Once I got the aileron in first (for a full roll), I'd start it as low as about 10 feet and really get folks attention.

In the cold Wisconsin late winter/early spring air, it would climb out on my Saito 82 and a Pro Zinger 15x4. When I went down to Memphis, the atmosphere was way different, and the best it would do is hold altitude, and not climb at all.

I'm glad you are having fun with the plane.

Thanks for your post about it.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Slowbatics

I put a little lead in the tail. The tornado is much better. By varying the amount of rudder I can go between tornado and torque roll easily. That 91 just hangs it up there. Oh, I have to do the tornado to the left, tried to the right with poor results. I probably have something out of wack. I can't get over what a breeze this thing is to land. Its like a trainer. I like this plane better than my OMP 540,and the 540 is a good performer.
Is there a larger discussion on this plane somewhere, that I am missing? I really can't understand the lack of chatter about this plane.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Slowbatics

I must have Cooties.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:58 PM
RBgunner
My Feedback: (8)

Anyone else flying this plane. I am thinking of getting one. I have a Saito 82 that needs a home. I like my Katana 40 and I am looking for something alittle different. Why are people not talking about this plane? At least I cannot find a good thread or two. Has anyone received one of these planes recently? Did it come in good condition, how was the quality? Thanks.[8D]
Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had one of these flying for about 3 months. the plane is junk. It has some very squirrly flight charateristics, it's wood and construction are very cheap, it's covered with crapcoat. It's a build, fly it, and throw it away type of plane. that being said, it is kind of fun to fly. Spend your money on a PA Badboy or EF Edge and have a plane that will last as long as you want it to.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:09 PM
RBgunner

Thanks for the info. I guess I will look for other options.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:40 AM
Spacey

Well if you really want a biplane in the same size range you can build the Boxxer kit from OMP. Otherwise bump up the engine size and build the Ultimate Bipe (Pun I know) from OMP. If building's not your thing you do what my buddy Splais said as well and look at a monowing ARF. Extreme flight Edge/Precision aerobatics Bad Boy/OMP Edge whatever.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: splais

I've had one of these flying for about 3 months. the plane is junk. It has some very squirrly flight charateristics, it's wood and construction are very cheap, it's covered with crapcoat. It's a build, fly it, and throw it away type of plane. that being said, it is kind of fun to fly. Spend your money on a PA Badboy or EF Edge and have a plane that will last as long as you want it to.

I know they had some issues with quality but it flew great......its a flip snap an tumble kind of plane so dont expect it to draw line. Im sure ultracote would hate to hear that there covering is now crapcote too.

For something different its hard to beat.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:50 AM
edgeman55

I am just finishing mine and I have to agee with splais if that covering is Ultracote I will eat my hat.It is crapcote or what most are using that chinacote crud.Fit and finish were so,so.If she does not fly well it will make good firewood.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:17 PM
RBgunner

So far I have not heard anything to make me want to get one of these planes. That is too bad, I would like to get a profile Bipe. I just do not have the time to build a kit right now. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:45 AM
Spacey

Yea from what I'm reading I don't want one either. Too bad the ARF manufacturers sometimes destroy perfectly good designs buy putting poor quality planes out on the market. Since H9 is featuring with the big boys and putting quality planes out there at reasonable prices alot of people aren't interested in V-Marr quality planes anymore.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:43 AM
RBgunner

You got it. There is no need to buy junk for $199 when you can get a great ARF for that or just a little more.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Jerry-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

I have one of these flying. the plane is junk. It has some very squarely flight characteristic's. construction is very cheap, it's covered with crap coat. It's a fly it, and throw it away type of plane. that said, it,s kind of fun to fly. I like it OK. Spend your money on a plane that will last as long as you want it to.I get my on e-bay for 100.00 $

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90716.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	328761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76211.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	328762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55484.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	328763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd88945.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	328764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi59733.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	328765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gx31086.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	328766  
Old 10-30-2005, 09:48 AM
rjbranchii

I bought mine on auction at ebay and it is obviously a second or reject due to wood work in the fuselage. But for under $80 what the heck, I love my Accel Katana 70 that I pull with a Supre Tiger .90 and a short pipe. Ony thing is I wanted something I could just pop in the car without having to assemble. From a flying perspective it is a real fun airplane. Even more fun than the Katana. It is superb in knife edge and flat spins. The fuse is pretty short so I had to set up a low rate rudder just for takeoff and landing, but that said I did not find alot of issues with its handling. I powered it with an OS 46 AX and it has more than ample power to hover at about half power and flie out of a hover with authority. Being pretty short coupled it is certainly not something anyone would fly an IMAC routine with, but who want to fly this thing straight the length of the field anyway? I knew I was going to get a second when I saw it on Ebay, and I paid accordingly. But for tumbling maneuvers it is great. It knife edges so well I thought something was wrong with it. I rolled to its first turn and it didn't turn... it just kept going straight in knife edge. No other input. One thing I liked was that the motor mount rails were long enough that I was able to put 3 sets of mount points in for the motor so I could change cg by moving the motor location and not adding weight. Still, it balanced about an inch or a tad more behind the leading edge of the lower wing with the motor all the way back in the mounts with the std muffler. Motor has plenty of gutts too. It seems to work well in all disaplines judging from the guys in my club that went with one this year.

bob branch
Old 10-30-2005, 04:34 PM
awat65
My Feedback: (17)

I won one of the planes on EBAY. The guy charged my credit card and never sent the plane. I reported him to my credit card company. I sent several emails to this guy and he kept telling me to wait. 4 weeks later still no plane. Then he said he never charged my credit card. I told him he did. Later he said he did charge it and do I still want the plane, that was six weeks after I had won the plane. Needless to say my credit card company had already reversed the charge. I emailed him telling him to send the plane and I will pay for it COD. Funny, I have not heard a word from him since then. Be aware of this guys actions. He may be trying to scam you.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:16 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

that LOSER!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:19 PM
rjbranchii

Awat

Man sorry to hear that. Having been scammed on Ebay once I know how it feels. Today was the 3rd day I flew the plane and the fuselage failed. I noticed it on the ground fortunately. It broke vertically right behind the doublers, and horizontally at the trailing edge of the wing. Please everyone know THIS DOES NOT REFLECT NEGATIVELY ON ACCEL! To their credit they did not accept these kits and even though it was not stated on the Ebay auction, common, we all know when we see something like this that there is something wrong. I certainly did. But having just entered 3D and just wanting to get something quick to fly here the last days of autumn that I did not have to spend time putting to gether at the field, and that would fit in my car, what the heck. And it showed me a whole other dimension of 3D from the Accel Katana that I got from them and was of decent quality. The plane is an absolute hoot. Today we had winds over 20mph above the trees. Our club field is protected from a South wind which this was because we have a high (75 - 100 ft)tree line only about 75 ft from the runway and parrel to it (sure keeps people from flying behind the flight line, you can't see you plane any more if you do!). But it gives us a total calm runway to land on. Harriers are really rock solid, no rocking at all. It knife edge loops almost as tight as an upright loop, but I find I have to come off that rate to really fly consistantly everything else. Winter will see a full rebuild of the fuselage. Having seen the loads that the fuselage takes in profiles I plan on doing it in foam core with carbon fiber sides instead of light ply. But definately a plane worth flying. Landing vertically from 100 ft over a spot on the runway is just lots of fun.

bob
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 PM
edgeman55

Does not matter the one I had from Accel for 199.00 was complete junk!Nothing fit together well,The so called tunnels for the servo wires were not cleared,covering was junk.While it was fun to fly mine split in half at the spot behind the doublers on it's fourth flight.Live and learn.The replacement was a 99.00 Twist and it was done waaaay better.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Horsetrader_123456

I was in the same boat AWAT65 I bought one off E-bay from NSUPPLY and all of the ribs were smashed. No response of course from the seller, then he became a non-registered user? So I called Alech He at Accel and of course he knew nothing. Weeks later NSUPPLY came back on E-bay! I left NEGATIVE feedback for no response or service for this trash plane. Of course he retaliated, the only feedback he had left was for me that said "Bad Person to Deal With"??? How would he know he never responded!

So now I'm pissed. Filed claim with Paypal and at least got my money back.

Oh and by the way found out through E-bay Alec He is NSUPPLY none other than Accel dumping his bad shipment of planes on E-bay!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Horsetrader_123456

I was in the same boat AWAT65 I bought one off E-bay from NSUPPLY and all of the ribs were smashed. No response of course from the seller, then he became a non-registered user? So I called Alech He at Accel and of course he knew nothing. Weeks later NSUPPLY came back on E-bay! I left NEGATIVE feedback for no response or service for this trash plane. Of course he retaliated, the only feedback he had left was for me that said "Bad Person to Deal With"??? How would he know he never responded!

So now I'm pissed. Filed claim with Paypal and at least got my money back.

Oh and by the way found out through E-bay Alec He is NSUPPLY none other than Accel dumping his bad shipment of planes on E-bay!

Your kat 40 and pitts both was broke up tip the UPS driver better.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Horsetrader_123456

Nice try again, but no shipping damage.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:58 PM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

I just received my pitts today via UPS. everything was perfectly packaged and showed no signs of damage. Total cost of this plane with shipping on ebay was $90. It seems like a great plane for the money. My covering actually says monocote on it by the seam near the trailing edge. I have complete confidence in this being a nice little plane since I have owned a katana from the same seller that I also got on ebay. My trusty saito 82 is going inside.
The katana was a great plane until I crashed it doing inverted rudder dragging on the pavement.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:27 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

sbaugz, sounds like you got a great deal on the plane off ebay. Please let us know how it flies.