Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

My Mojo 60 build thread

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

My Mojo 60 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Mojo 60 build thread

I'm sure that it'll all be fine. This thing practically falls together anyway!

Hey Paul, it's good to see that you're not "awaiting approval" anymore!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:46 AM
wagas

Well considering that I've already built them just show's how easy Pauly's planes are to build even with silly little glitches like this! PLUG,PLUG,PLUG....PLUG, PLUG, PLUG!!

KickBack...KickBack....KickBack......HEH HEH
Old 01-31-2005, 11:32 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Thanks guys... But i'd really like to fix the glitch.... Can one of you guys post a pic with the discrepancy?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Razorback58

Paul, I'll try to get some pics in the next day or so.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:18 PM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

Well. I started mine today. Wing is almost done. just need to put sheer webbing on one half, sheet, and put TE triangle on it. I would have had that done but screwed up. Was reading the directions and not paying attention to the MOJO 60 Reference page. So I have 1/4" on TE, LE, Couldn't find the 3/16" balsa anywhere and thought I was missing it. But there is no such animal in this kit. So a little razor sawing and switching stuff around it is the way it should be. Sheesh.
I would work on it more tonight but I should spend time with the wife and fam. She's been getting grouchy when I disapear to the basement for the whole night. I can't stand sitting in a stupid chair watching tv. Such a waste of time when you could be building flying things. ha
I'll get back at it tomorrow while she's at work.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:49 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

I had the same alignment issue when I framed my Mojo 60. I worked off the spar/ply mount centerlines. If you ignore the plans and just build the precut pieces it goes together perfectly. Pauly, I think I posted pics showing how the fuse ended up short over on the hood when I framed mine. I think it's in a build thread.
Matt
Old 02-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Razorback58

IowaSilvia, I believe that you will be finished before me! I don't make much headway when I only work on it one or two hours a night. I did get my wing flipped over last night and finished the leading edge sheeting and the center sheeting. I'll post pics tonight.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:45 AM
wagas

Man don't you hate wrapping sheeting around the leading edge...Yuck. [:'(]

I like to take triangle stock and glue it to the leading edge. This way I have some good surface to glue to without having to do a lot of bending...... Then just sand and shape the leading edge to the way I want...

Mangaged to finish one wing last night. Wendt to start the other wing this morning but my alarm didn't go off at 4AM (stupid me set it for PM instead of AM) so I lost about an hour of building time before I wendt to work this morning.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Razorback58

Actually, this was one of the easiest sheeting jobs that I've ever done! This time I paid close attention to what sheet I used where. There were two sheets of 1/16 x 4 that was a lot softer than the rest, so those were the ones that I used for the leading edge sheeting. One side tried to wrap around by itself after I wet it! Maybe I just got lucky this time?

I wish that I had more time to build, but not bad enough to get up at 4 am to do it! Wagas, you're a hardcore builder! [8D]
Old 02-01-2005, 02:28 PM
wagas

Man, I just can't get enough of it.....I love to build!
Old 02-01-2005, 11:49 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

I sprayed my leading edge sheeting with Windex. The stuff with Amonia a couple of minutes before wrapping it around and it went really easy.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 AM
IowaSilvia

My leading edge was the same as Razors. Sprayed some water and it wanted to curl around by itself.

I've almost got my wing done. Need to sheet bottom side and cap strips put on and wing tips.

Then the tailfeathers, ail, and fuse.

Hey Razor. I got my used ST 75 today in the mail. I turned it over and was a little rough. So I took it apart and both bearings are shot. The rear bearing was missing balls and had schrapnal everywhere. Luckily the guy is giving me my money back and I'll send him the motor back. He said that he has 2 and he might have sent the wrong one. So we'll see what happens. I might just have to break down and buy a good used Saito 91-100. hmmmmmm
Old 02-02-2005, 08:03 AM
wagas

I didn't say I didn 't know how to wrap leading edges ... just that I don't like to do it...[sm=wink.gif] I usually use amonia too, when I have to.... [:'(]

1/2 way done on the second wing. I'm working 16hrs today so I don't think I'll be touching the rest of the wing until thursday night.... I should have finished up last night but since I'm pulling a double today and I won't see my kiddies till thrusday because of it I choose to ignore the wing and spend the evening with them. Besides I still have to go pick up the covering and supplies for these two on Sat at Mac Hodges shop...and get in a little flying I hope as well at his field.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Razorback58

I hate to hear about the engine, IowaSilvia! At least he's going to make it right! Maybe that's a sign that you need to get a Saito instead??!!?!?!?!

Wagas, definitely not saying that you don't know how to do leading edge sheeting! Everybody here knows that you're a building machine!

I didn't touch my Mojo either last night. My son came over and we flew on the AFPD all night! It's nice when quality time with the kids includes airplanes!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:18 AM
IowaSilvia

Yeah your right about the engine and the kids Razor.

My daughter is 4 and she loves airplanes. I think she'll be flying in a few short yrs. My son just turned 1 and he is already into them. I've got a few vids on the computer and whenever I watch them he comes running to watch with me. It's so funny. Now, If I could just get my dad to fly. I bought him a trainer ARF last yr for Christmas and gave him an engine for it. It's yet to be done. Everythings still sitting in the box.

Well. I don't know if I'll be building today or not. Need to get all my tax papers ready and clean up the house a bit.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:34 AM
wagas

Yeah the kids are great with airplanes...I let them work with me sometimes on the bench...Abby and Drew 6 and 2.

I don't mind if they break something while I'm working either. They like make things with the items that are on my bench laying around. ( Oh and snap the balsa sticks too)

Abby likes to help me glue joints together. Mommy doesn't like the super glue at all...let me tell ya!!!
So I have to be REAL carefull with the kids when they come out. I usually put the super glue up and switch to da other stuff. Oh, and all XATO blades get put up to...

I grew up around airplanes just like my pop did. My grandpa at 87 is still building, still flying.... Now I'm turning my pop on to the PRO BRO airplanes and style of flying. So far he's really getting into it. He hovered my 40 Mojo this past weekend. That was a personal best for him at about 20 seconds. I'm a proud son!!!!

Sorry that came out brash about the leading edge thing... I didn't really read it when I wrote it and the more I look at it and re-read it how brash it sounds...Ooopss.. sorry! You get the point though.

Here's a pic of my kids latest creation with a little help. masking tape, coke box, monokote tubes. Nothing like hearing your kid run around the house making airplane noises and pretending to fly...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp45012.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	224004  
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Razorback58

That looks pretty cool wagas! Does it run on oats? Don't worry about the leading edge thing. I completely understand!

All of my kids are grown now and on their own (I started young! I'm really not that old! ) My oldest is 23, in the Marines, and just got married this past Saturday. My youngest is 19 , working and living on his own. My middle son, Chris, is my co-pilot. He just turned 22, and has been flying off and on since he was 11 or 12. I ran up on a deal for his birthday that I just couldn't resist, a nearly new Funtana 90 with a brand new Magnum 1.08. Hopefully it'll do good for him. He's been flying my stuff so with this I won't have to cringe everytime he does a low inverted pass over the runway!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:34 PM
IowaSilvia

That plane looks pretty good wagas. I built my 4 yr old daughter a small plane out of my scrap coroplast pieces. She loves the thing. She likes tossing it around and my 1 yr. old son usually pulls it out of the toy box first. They are funny. My daughter likes to come down in the basement while I build. She has gotten a little wild though around my planes. Once she was running around and backed into my Scratch built 29% Gee Bee Z fuse. that was setting by the wall. All I heard was crunch of balsa. I wasn't too happy. But she has learned.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:42 PM
wagas

OH man this reminds me of a good story about my Uncle and his daughter. Sorry to get off subject of mojo... to good to pass on a story like this.

My uncle was teaching his daughter to drive. Needless to say as she was pulling into the garage she kinda wendt thru the wall....did I mention his building bench and airplane storage area was right there as well...CrUnCh! Gotta love the kids...

Man I just was watching a video of the mojo 60 flyiing...Dang I can't wait....
Old 02-02-2005, 04:13 PM
IowaSilvia

Where did you get the video of the mojo 60???? wagas. let me see it
Old 02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Razorback58

ORIGINAL: IowaSilvia

Where did you get the video of the mojo 60???? wagas. let me see it

I don't know if this will work or not, but here goes! Here is video of the Mojo 60.

http://the******************.com/~vi...0-%20title.wmv
Old 02-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Razorback58

Just what I thought! I didn't think that it would let me post that! IowaSilvia, I sent you a pm.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:22 PM
IowaSilvia

Well I made some headway today on my MOJO 60. Everything is ready for covering. Will start that tonight or tomorrow.

I have a ST 90 on the way for it. I also maybe getting an OS 91 4st for it too. Just depends if a trade goes thru or not. I'd rather have the 4 stroker on it. I watch the video of the mojo last night. All I can say is WOW. Nice flyin. That guy that augered his in. Was that a mojo too???
sure looked like a mojo 40.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Razorback58

IowaSilvia, I need to start having my kits delivered to your house for building! You're WAY faster than I am!
Old 02-03-2005, 06:25 PM
IowaSilvia

I don't ever claim to be fast Razor. I just don't have anything to do all day long. I can't sit around all day and watch tv. I was going to cover it in white with light blue and black trim. But I think I've changed my mind. It will be black and neon green. I have to figure out a cool sceme for it though. HMM. Has to be a little crazy but functional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.