Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

accel's pitts v katana ?????

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

accel's pitts v katana ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:27 PM
tiktock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accel's pitts v katana ?????

between the accel's pitts S2C 40 and katana 40 witch one will do 3d better? the pitts video at accel's web site, it doesn't seem very stable in hover? though i liked the flat spins. i would put a saito91 on the pitts and a OS 50sx for the katana.
any suggestions?

thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Thunderhead

Default RE: accel's pitts v katana ?????

Jump in there TailTwister.........
Old 03-04-2005, 02:56 PM
novabill

You answered your own question

Put the .91 on the pitts and the .50 on the Kat and enjoy the best of both worlds. I bet one doesn't 3D better than the other, they just 3D differently.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:20 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry, but I'll have to say it. In the hands of most pilots (like 99% of them) the Kat 40 will walk the dog on the Pitts for good clean 3D.

The Kat is a far more precise machine. It is capable of really clean lines and solid maneuvers no matter the attitude. It will 3D at a very high level.

The Pitts was designed from the axels up to be very different. I'll sum it up by saying, "whip crack, snap and tumble, hang on to your butt, and you better not let go of either stick" is what the Pitts is all about. Most of the Pitts vids show a wing rock. I don't think it's what most pilots encounter as wing rock, but the fact that the rudder is as effective as the elevators on most planes. Ever see a plane do a waterfall, and seem to lose no altitude? The Pitts will do that in Yaw. Hover it, bang the rudder to one side and burp the power. Over it goes, and it will do it repeatedly. It's almost too much rudder authority. The red, white, and blue Pitts on the Accel site is my plane, and will do that "pinwheel" all day, with no special set up or entry technique. It is as fun as planes get, but not as "serious" a machine as a Kat.

So, what matters is how you want to fly it? Are you a precise "nail the maneuver" kind of pilot, or a "stick banger"?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Snap flip an tumble = Pitts

Nice clean hardcore 3D = Kat

Both are great for what they are intended = buy both!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Quicker

Exactly guys.

I designed the Pitts. It is NOT a precision 3D machine. It is a tumbler. The Kat 40 is more of a precision machine. Depends on what you like.