Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Where can I get a Profile in the UK?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Where can I get a Profile in the UK?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Pete850

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get a Profile in the UK?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a profile ARTF plane or Kit (40 - 60 size) that's available in the UK. I really fancy the OMP Katana 40 but once you start adding the $125 (min) delivery it's not so attractive.

Are there any plans available for this type of plane maybe?

There must be a profile community in the UK somewhere.

Cheers

Pete
Old 04-08-2005, 05:41 AM
Hanapi
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Where can I get a Profile in the UK?

Hey Pete,
Best thing is to have Swany in TN,USA send one to you in about 7-10 days.
Cost around 69.00kit + 20.00 shipping. If you have experience go for the MOJO if you are just starting out go for the BURRITO!!
http://www.swanyshouse.com/
Great guy and excellent service
Old 04-08-2005, 06:20 AM
philfun
My Feedback: (58)

Another place to get profile ARF or kit is MORRIS HOBBIES in Texas
Very good service.

Hope it 's help.

Phil
Old 04-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Spacey

Pete: Like you said you really fancy the Katana from OMP, and yes as you stated you do not mind building a kit so why not just let OMP mail it to you.It will only cost you $34.95 US to ship a kit to the UK. And you can have them chuck a hardware pack and a hat in as well with no extra cost on the shipping. It's really not that bad just remember that you will more than probably pay some Tax and import duties on your side as well although I do not know the UK's arrangement on those things. You can have any of the smaller OMP profiles ship to you for that price. If it were an ARF you wanted then I can understand the problem of shipping as that might add up a little but these profile kits builds so quick and easy. And yes I can vouch for the Katana...It's a dream to build. It will be over before you know it and yes then comes the dissapoint of the fun being over and of course then you consider ordering an Edge or a Yak as well. LOL
Old 04-08-2005, 07:08 AM
Pete850

Thanks for the help guys, I'm ordering a Katana Kit.......Woohoo!!!!! Can't wait now!

Cheers

Pete
Old 04-08-2005, 07:10 AM
novabill

Pete,

Send an e-mail to [email protected] they just signed up a UK distributor for the Bad Boy profile. It should save you some serious $$$ being able to purchase in your country.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Dragondawn

Hi Pete,
If you haven't actually ordered anything yet I would strongly urge you to order from Paul Swanson aka Swany - my MoJo kit took six days to get to the U.K.! Check out the link in Hanapis post.
BTW there is only one U.K. profile kit supplier that I know of... [link=http://www.funflysupply.com/funflysupply1_035.htm]Fun Fly Supply[/link]

Bill,
Before I ordered my BBV2 with you, P.A. (Aus) told me to contact 'OnlyRC' as they might be the U.K. distributor (that was on 20th March). OnlyRC have not bothered to reply to my e-mail - on-line inquiry form tbh - yet and as you can see from their web site ([link=http://www.onlyrc.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1]OnlyRC[/link]) they make no mention of the Bad Boy or P.A.
Maybe P.A. have a different U.K. distributor now?

HTH,
Steve
Old 04-08-2005, 12:04 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: Dragondawn

Hi Pete,
If you haven't actually ordered anything yet I would strongly urge you to order from Paul Swanson aka Swany - my MoJo kit took six days to get to the U.K.! Check out the link in Hanapis post.
BTW there is only one U.K. profile kit supplier that I know of... [link=http://www.funflysupply.com/funflysupply1_035.htm]Fun Fly Supply[/link]

Bill,
Before I ordered my BBV2 with you, P.A. (Aus) told me to contact 'OnlyRC' as they might be the U.K. distributor (that was on 20th March). OnlyRC have not bothered to reply to my e-mail - on-line inquiry form tbh - yet and as you can see from their web site ([link=http://www.onlyrc.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1]OnlyRC[/link]) they make no mention of the Bad Boy or P.A.

HTH,
Steve

That is interresting. Let me contact PA and try to figure it out.

If you don't mind building, I would also recommend the MOJO, or OMP planes. I have a MOJO 60 one one board and an OMP 47" YAK on the other.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:53 PM
johnyh

Pete be warned you might get stung for import duty etc. About £20. + admin That's what I got for my Katana
Old 04-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Pete850

Well, I've ordered the Katana kit from OMP, so we'll wait and see what happens.

I'll also be investigating the Precision Aerobatics Bad Boy soon too, and I had a look at the Mojo and wouldn't mind one of those as well.

Am I catching the profile bug already.....and I haven't even actually GOT one yet?

Thanks again for all the help and advice chaps, I'm sure I'll be asking you all for advice once I'm building & flying the Katana.

Cheers

Pete ("time for bed" said that twat with a spring up his jacksie)
Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
novabill

That KAT is a fine plane, you will love it

Ask all the questions you need, there will be someone to help.

ONCE YOU GO FLAT, YOU NEVER GO BACK[sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-08-2005, 05:29 PM
a340

I have a Burrito and a OMP boxxer....worth the hastle.....not much more ££ than ordering from a shop over here..

Leigh.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:19 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: novabill

Hi Pete,

Bill,

HTH,
Steve

That is interresting. Let me contact PA and try to figure it out.

If you don't mind building, I would also recommend the MOJO, or OMP planes. I have a MOJO 60 one one board and an OMP 47" YAK on the other.
Only RC is NOT the UK distributor of the Precision Aerobatics Bad Boy. If you live in the UK and want a Bad Boy, contact PA direct @ [email protected] and they will get you one.

Dragon,

You are still hooked up. I'll have you a plane just as soon as they hit terra firma
Old 04-11-2005, 03:37 AM
Dragondawn

Hi William,
Thanks for the reply.
Well, obviously OnlyRC's interest with P.A. turned out to be no more than that... just an interest. If only I had a substantial amount of spare cash (or less debt! ) I would have a word with them myself. Ah well...

Yup, yup, I'm patiently waiting for my BBV2 to arrive BTW, William can you put me down for a set of the carbon servo arms please?

Cheers,
Steve
Old 04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
novabill

Hi William,
Thanks for the reply.
Well, obviously OnlyRC's interest with P.A. turned out to be no more than that... just an interest. If only I had a substantial amount of spare cash (or less debt! ) I would have a word with them myself. Ah well...

Yup, yup, I'm patiently waiting for my BBV2 to arrive BTW, William can you put me down for a set of the carbon servo arms please?

Cheers,
Steve
Gotcha on the arms
Old 04-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Dragondawn

Thanks for that William [sm=thumbup.gif]

BTW, for any other Limeys reading this thread I've just realised that there is a distributor for the Extreme Flight Edge 540T profile here in England... Freestyle-RC. Check out this link [link]http://www.freestyle-rc.com/products.htm[/link]
Old 04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Ian.W

pete, if your patient youll be able to get the extremelight edge 540 through www.freestyle-rc.com in a while
Old 04-13-2005, 06:06 PM
fadmuker

hi pete850,
theres a reel nice guy runs a priviteer style outfit in the uk, dedicated to the building and flying of profile funfly models, check out the JACKNIFE
here's the link to the site,

[link]http://www.funflysupply.com/[/link]

tell em gary sent ya

ITS FUN TO FLY FUNFLY
Old 04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Pete850

Just had a look at the www.funflysupply.com website - some good stuff on there and the Jacknife is a pretty good price a £75 too.

I'll try one when I trash my OMP Katana - and with my recent track record, that won't be long!!

Pete
Old 04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Dragondawn

Freestyle RC are now listing a price on the Edge 540T profile so maybe they have stock? [link]http://www.freestyle-rc.com/html/pd_edge540.asp[/link]