Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

OMP Edge....Almost there!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP Edge....Almost there!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Shovel-Head
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Edge....Almost there!

I flew mine for the first time yesterday and everything went well. Putting everything on the plane and balancing it did make all the diffrence like you guys said. I needed zero trim to get it to fly correctly and inverted flight required no elevator! I am running a Irvine 46 and Zinger 12X4 prop and it has plenty of power. I think I need some more right thrust in my motor but the wind was kicking up and I won't know for sure untill I fly it on a calmer day. I saw that OMP sales offset plates for this, I think I might skip over the washer idea and go ahead and order one of the plates. I'm going back to the field this evening and I should be able to ring it out a little better. I'll report back on how everything goes.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:49 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Awesome Shovel-Head! Glad it balanced so perfect first time out. You will love teh offest plates as they are hard glass-filled nylon and won't sink into the wood. They are very popular now with the profiles. Just slice them to 3/8" wide strips on a bandsaw and drill for your engine. Provides the correct offset and can do many planes with just one plate.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Shovel-Head
My Feedback: (1)

Thats good to hear! I have 2 washer's under the front engine bolts now but they are squishing into the wood. I can tell that this is going to be a awesome plane, I mixed in 50% spoilerons and it locks into a harrier that you can just drive around in all day!